Monday, June 6, 2016

"I cannot find the words to say how I feel."


     (How should we start this?)
     (We could just start from the very beginning.)
     (A very good place to start.)

     Sooooooooooooo. (Pink is Naomi, by the way. Green is Emma.) (As if you couldn't guess that.) So. 

     So. So. So.

     Be quiet.

     FIRST OF ALL. You've obviously picked up on this fact, but for the sake of posterity (and future readers, and any readers who by some odd twist of fate have NOT picked up on what's going on) NAOMI AND I ARE TOGETHER AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     As in, she is here. In America, at my house, sitting right next to me. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT. EEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     So can I tell about my flight? Last Saturday was a monumental day for me - loads of firsts. First time travelling on my own, first time flying, first time out of Europe, AND FIRST TIME MEETING SOMEONE. (You don't know her.) 

     (Enough with the sarcasm, ma'am.)

     (Okay.) My flight was long and tiring - I watched The Young Victoria and The Book Thief on the plane - I was so glad they were on!! - and I waited and waited and triiiieeed to be patient. You'll not be interest about the flight (I could tell you about the man who looked like Motel and who never went to the toilet once during the 8-hour flight and I could tell you about the chatty lady in the short flight who talked with me as if I was her long lost sister or something) but hey, you're interested in the grand finale of it - zee hug.

     Oh yes. It was grand. It was glorious. It was super super super emotional. I alllllmost cried. I thought I would cry more, actually, but it went so fast -- one minute I saw her, walking around the corner, the next moment I ran towards her, and then we were hugging each other. And then the security lady yelled at me for coming through the door when I wasn't supposed to. :-P COME ON, lady, can't you see this is an EXTREMELY EMOTIONAL MOMENT?!?!?!

     Actually, I didn't think they (Emma + Sadie and her Mama) were going to be there at that point, because I still had to claim my baggage, so when suddenly Emma was running towards me I was like, 'Waaaaaiiiit.' And then my brain overreacted and BAM we were TOUCHING and she WAS A PERSON.


     And thennnnnn we claimed her baggage, went to the car, and began the long ride home. Naomi seemed to think our American houses were really adorable, for some reason. We were driving along and she'd be like, "Ohhh, all the houses are so cute!" And we were like, "Uh, those are just normal." And then I fully embarrassed myself by asking her if she'd ever seen a tractor before.

     Hahahaha. Of course I've seen a tractor before. (How do Europeans get food? Farms. How do farms produce food? Tractors.)

    Sorry. I thought maybe they looked different or something. Actually I don't really know what I was thinking. That was stupid.

    Yes. It was. Anywayyyys. It was soo cool to be between Sadie and Emma in the car and have like (we're using the word like far too much in this post) HER MUM driving in front. The houses in America are soooo darn cute; with swinging chairs in the porch and lace curtains and porches and they're made of wood. When we arrived home we went to bed rather soon, because I  dead tired, and when I woke up at about 3.30 in the morning, I was freaking out because Emma was right next to me. It's so cool, guys. Weird as anything, but so cool. And it feels so NORMAL! :-D

     It was a little weird for a while, I'll admit. Meeting your best friend in person for the first time after gazillions of emails and letters is nothing to sneeze at! But we're getting used to it. It's actually pretty cool. I could get used to this. 

     Indeedy. I completely agree. Today was way better than yesterday.

    You'll probably want to know what we've been doing so far, won't you? Well. Let's see....where do I begin? *starts singing the song*

     Emma literally knows a song for each word, and it's super annoying because I don't. So yes, what have we done so far? I taught Emma six chords on the guitar (she's keen to learn after seeing the Willis Clan), we sang Newsies songs while making pour-in pizza, and we watched the first two episodes of Downton Abbey Season Two while eating it. (IT'S SO GOOD. Tom's 'I-don't-care' smirk when the ladies hand him the letter - we died. We literally died.)

     Oh, don't forget the part about sitting on my desk and listening to Hunter Hayes! We went to bed kind of early last night because, y'know, Naomi's on a five-hour time switch. (That is, she went to bed early and I stayed up late eating popcorn and talking with my mum and sistas.) Then this morning she tagged along on my horse-riding lesson, we weeded the garden a bit, and then we went on a picnic for my cousin's birthday which ended in a visit to the bookstore. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN. :-)

     Right now we're sitting on my deck and she's fiddling around with the guitar. Naomi, you got anything to say?

     We ate stawberries. And yes, the picnic was sooo much fun. I love you guys. :-) 

     We should end this post - we've been using the laptop too long today and need to do some REAL LIFE things. (Which is nice, duh.) So bye for now folks....

     Must dash!!!! We have new frontiers of fun to discover (and some chores to do....heh....hashtag farm life). We'll fill you in on some of the other awesome things that will happen this week! Till then, we remain yours: 


Emma & Naomi 

xxxx

(Hey, do you want to watch a movie tonight?)
(Yeah, let's go and choose one.)

39 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Sounds like an exciting time. And by sounds like, it sounds super super exciting. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch! We surely will. :-)

      Delete
  2. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! CAN I JUST SCREAM LIKE RIGHT NOW?!!?!??!? Please. Post like this often. I laughed dear girls, I LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH. xD those pictures..like..SO CUTE! you guys are genius.

    Will you watch Newsies together too?? ;) And Emma, working on a reply for you!! Well...for you BOTH. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES YOU CAN SCREAM!!!! Goodness knows we did when we first saw each other. ;-) Ummm, I don't know if we'll watch Newsies -- probably not, because I've already seen it twice in the last year and Naomi isn't as keen on the movie as she is on the musical. But we'll definitely be listening to the music and singing the songs.

      Thanks so much for your comment, Julia! We love ya too!

      Delete
  3. I totally almost screamed when I got your email saying you'd met. Oh this is so so exciting! I'm SO happy for you both!!! :D I need to gather my senses.. where's my smelling salts?...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwww!!! This is TOOOOOO adorable!!! I'm really glad you all are having so much fun!! And you both look exquisitely happy in all the pictures, even though we can only see your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having too much fun, righto. ;-) It was so much fun to finally take pictures together!!!

      Delete
  5. Oh oh oh, you two are so cute together! You both look sooooo happy! Naomi, I'm quite tickled that you thought American houses are cute. To me they're just houses . . . though I suppose they can be picturesque :)

    Security can be QUITE annoying sometimes. THIS IS HAPPENING, lady. Naomi and Emma. TOGETHER. Just hold your horses.

    Strawberries. And pizza. And movies. What could be better?

    P.S. I love you girls' hairdos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't that funny? She was like, "OH, THE HOUSES ARE SO CUTE!" and my sister and I looked at each other, because they were just normal little houses. I told her to wait until we see some REALLY pretty ones. ;-)

      Our hairdos? Oh, you mean the windblown, untidy, I-don't-care-look? Yes, we are experts at those.

      Delete
  6. Awwwwwww!! It's always so very much fun when you meet your best friend in person for the first time. My bff and I met through a Lord of the Rings forum back in 2001 and it turned out she only lived 2 hours from me. How crazy is that?!

    Anyway, I'm happy for you ladies. Have fun, not that you need me to say it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You understand. :-) It's truly amazing. Thank you so much, we will!

      Delete
  7. I grinned through this whole post. Have tons and tons of fun! Love the bit about tractors, and I want to know what movie you guys picked to watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! (Yeah, that was pretty embarrassing. About the tractors. ;-P) That night we watched Downton Abbey. (Surprise, surprise.) We tried to watch Austenland last night, but we think it's too silly to finish...

      Delete
  8. This is super cute and I am irrationally happy for you, and gahhhhh, have tons of fun. :D

    Oh, and I love those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meredith, thank you so much! You can bet we will. :-)

      Delete
  9. Ooohh, this is awesome. Lovely post Emma!!! Did you had a great time with your best friend Naomi?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops, Naomi is still in America, I see now. Sorry, I ask it again. Do you and Naomi have a splendid time together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Naomi is here to stay for three weeks! We're going to have a fantastic time. :-)

      Delete
    2. Three weeks! Oh how fun that's going to be for you both! :D

      Delete
  11. *squeals*

    As soon as I saw there was a new blog post I couldn't contain myself. :D

    Where to start... where to start? WHERE TO START!!! (I'm commenting on your blog Emma, but for the both of you (duh) merely because Naomi already has 5 comments up and you have none. So there you have it.)

    First up, the PICTURES!!! I can't believe you've already taken some... aww. :) And those books... I recognize. ;) You're so pretty, too. (And Naomi. YOUR HAIR. Also, I love your sunglasses. I want some like that. I haven't had sunglasses in YEARS (which is dumb 'cause I live in Australia) simply because I can't find any that fit my head and look alright! I must have a mighty peculiar head... that's a worry.) (Oh, and Naomi's bracelet. I REALLY REALLY LIKE IT.) (Now I feel bad about talking all about Naomi. Sorry Emma.)

    No, no, you're mistaken - of course I'm interested in your (Naomi's) flight. I'm sorry it was tiring (although that understandable, eeesh!) but that's swell that you got those two movies. :D

    HAHAHA. That horrid lady spoiled your lovely emotional moment. How typical of people. (I get that ALL the time. If something is especially romantic or sentimental and I'm just taking it all in, some practical person comes in and crashes it. Often in the form of a 10 year old sister or 6 year old brother. Ahem.)

    Well, I think I'd be in with Naomi - by her descriptions, your houses sound so darling in America!!! Seriously - lace curtains and swinging chairs on the porches?!! *sigh* Why doesn't Australia have such delicate things. We're all into bricks and covered verandas and the rustic look, apparently. (Who makes these choices, anyway?) But I'm not complaining. It could be much worse. ;)

    I bet it would be weird, seeing each other, after all those letters and emails! I'm sure over the three weeks you will well and truly warm up and get used to it! :D

    YOU SANG NEWSIES AND MADE PIZZA? Ohhh...

    Congrats, Emma, you now know 1 more guitar chord than I! ;)

    Really? Is it only a 5 hour time switch from Belgium to New York? *whistles* Australia is far out. ;) I'm in between you both, at the wrong end on the wrong side. ;P

    "Naomi, you got anything to say?"
    "We ate strawberries."

    HAHAHA. Gold.

    For sure - go ahead and do REAL LIFE things! 'Cause everyone knows bloggers have another life - their REAL one. ;D

    Ooohh, yes please! Can't wait to hear more about you two's adventures! <3

    You know, I was sitting here reading this when my Daddy came in and I was telling him about you and showing him photos. (It's so hard to get my family to remember which one is from America and which is from Belgium. (Not to mention all my other lovely blogging friends!) I am continually saying, "No, Naomi's the one from Belgium and EMMA is the one from America." When I was showing Daddy the photos in this post, he thought that they were all different girls. ;P Mind you, he didn't have his glasses on. Hehe.) He smiled and said, "Well, maybe someday you can meet them, when you're older and have a job." I just nodded happily. Wouldn't that be something. :) *dreamy sigh*

    ~Miss Meg

    (Hey, what movie did you choose?)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's here!! Ooooh! I'm SO happy for you girls! (A teeny bit jealous, too, maybe...but HAPPY! ;)) I loved this post! It was great. And all the pictures. Aww. Sounds like you're having a marvelous time.

    Oh! And the bit about the cute houses...and the tractors. Hahaha. It must be interesting to compare the differences between our two countries. :)

    Looking forward to hearing more! :D (And by the way, which movie did you decide on watching last night?)

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's here! It's happening! It's still a bit surreal. ;-P (Naomi doesn't like the word 'surreal', haha.) Yes, it's certainly interesting, comparing all the differences between the way we live -- some things are so different, but most are the same. It has been funny though.

      We watched Downton Abbey. It was the bomb. ;-P

      Delete
  13. HAVE A GREAT TIME.

    I love your photos--especially with Naomi peeking out from behind the book like that, it's very cute :-)

    (I'm trying not to say the exact same things I said on Naomi's blog 'cause I know you both reading both of them . . . )

    But yeah. Have a wonderful time and make lots of cool memories. Love you gals a bunch :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS. WE WILL. :-)

      Haha, we had so much fun with those pictures -- my sister Sadie took them for us. They are a bunch more, even sillier. ;-P Love you too!

      Delete
  14. IT HAS HAPPENED!!! Eeek, this post made me so happy. :) Have lots and lots of fun together!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT. HAS. HAPPENED. We will, don't worry!!

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Hayden, indeed. :-) Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  16. I know I commented on Naomi's blog, but I am just SO EXCITED AND HAPPY for you!! You are both so wonderful! I love you girls!!!:)


    ~Rilla Blythe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! You're so sweet. :-)

      Delete
  17. I am positively THRILLED for you two!!! I can't believe it!!!!!!!! :D That must be SO DARN EXCITING. XD

    ReplyDelete
  18. EXCLAMATION MARKS. SO MANY EXCLAMATION MARKS RIGHT NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my great greenbeans!!! This is so darn exciting! I'm so happy for you both! It's so fun to meet your friend in real life ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You girls are adorable and amazing!!!!! This post was THE BEST!!!! Congratulations and have lots of fun! I couldn't help thinking how LUCKY you two are and how fun that must be! Such cute pictures! Please, pretty please, be sure to post more! :D

    God bless,
    Sarah <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. This makes my heart so happy!! ♡ I am so glad for both of you :) enjoy every second!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love it if you'd drop me a line or two! I always enjoy receiving comments from readers and friends. I ask that you please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please don't write anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to read. Also, if you are commenting under anonymous, please do leave your name (or some sort of moniker so that you aren't totally nameless). Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...