Saturday, May 21, 2016

"On the road again..." // a concert, a friend, and a trip


     So this will basically be a scatterbrained post full of giddiness and exclamation marks. Because there are THREE very exciting things about to happen, and of COURSE I have to tell you all about them because that just wouldn't be fair of me otherwise, no?


    One of them is in two days, one of them in two weeks, and one of them in three months. We'll start with the one in three months.

     So, a few weeks ago my mum was looking up information about the county fairs in our area to see if any country singers we liked would be coming. You know, just for kicks and giggles. And guess who we found out is coming to one of them, just two hours from my home.

     I'll give you a hint. His first name starts with an H and his last name starts with an H. He plays thirty different instruments and he's probably not a whole lot older than you and I and he's pretty much the most adorable person on the planet.

     GUYS I MIGHT BE GOING TO SEE HUNTER HAYES!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you to the Hayniacs.:

      Excuse me while I jump and scream and go crazy for a moment.

      I say "might" because it's not a completely sure deal yet -- that is, I don't have tickets, but I'm going to get them this weekend. There is NO WAY Hunter Hayes comes within two hours' driving distance of me and I don't go see him. ;-) THIS IS CRAZY, PEOPLE! I'm going to a Hunter Hayes concert! I can't believe things like this actually happen in my life. I got to see Sara Evans last winter, and then JJ Heller in April, and now this?!? And right when I'm on my way to becoming a full-fledged Hunter Hayes fan too. It's just perfect. I'm so grateful and so happy and so excited.

    (Oh yeah, and I'm allllllllso probably going to see Lee Brice and Dustin Lynch too. *FREAKS OUT* But we won't talk about all that right now because I know you all can only handle so much. Wise, aren't I.)

The second thing is...

 :

There are only two weeks left until I meet my best friend in the whole entire world in person, face-to-face, for the first time ever.

ONLY TWO WEEKS GUYS.

(If you're not sure what I'm talking about, read this post.)

To say I'm looking forward to it would be a gross understatement. To say I'm excited is a little better....to say I'm so psyched up I'm about to internally combust at any moment is a more fitting description. There are times when I can't even believe it's going to happen. Naomi and I have known each other for three years now; three years it's been blogs, emails, letters, Christmas and birthday packages, texts, everything. It's been Naomi & Emma, Best Friends. 

And finally, in two weeks we'll be together.

HOW IS THIS EVEN HAPPENING.


Yes, this is the best selfie I could manage with my dinky little camera. I do my best.

And lastly...Emma's going on a trip! Over four states, across the Mississippi river, for six days, with my aunt and uncle and cousin, and I leave in two days. I'm bursting with excitement. ;-) I didn't used to like traveling that much, but in the past few years I've been more eager to leave my little valley and go adventuring. Right now I'm very much in need of a journey to spark my inspiration, so this couldn't be happening at a better time. I plan to take lots of pictures, see lots of interesting things, be very adventurous, and have the time of my life. :-) 

Oh yeah, and I might actually get to go to Jesse James' house and stick my finger in the bullet hole in the wall where Bob Ford shot him. Something to cross off my bucket list. :-)

So, I shall see you all when I return! Have a lovely week, dear readers!

*goes off humming 'On the Road Again'*

34 comments:

  1. It's gonna be HUUUUU-

    nter Hayes.

    (Hahaha, you didn't expect that, right? ;-P)

    All in all though, JUST SQUEE. JUST SQUEE. IT'S UNFAIR HOW LUCKY WE ARE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOWWWW. I FEEL LIKE THAT TOO. LIKE, HOW?!?!?!

      Delete
  2. Have a great trip, a great time with Naomi, and ergh I guess a great time with country music!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUNTER HAYES!!!!!!!!!!

    I knew the minute you said the H - H part . . . Good for you!! I hope you get to see him. He IS SO AWESOME. If you do, please write a giant giant post on it! :D

    I am so excited for you and Naomi :) Have fun!!!

    And you're going on a road trip? How exciting! I actually am too, with my dad and some of my siblings. We're going to St. Louis to see the Cardinals play the Cubs. We do it every year - it's tradition :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!!! I got the tickets last night, so it's official now! I KNOW. I am so wildly excited. ;-)

      Oooh, that sounds like a fun tradition. Have a great time!

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry but you are hilarious! Just happened upon this blog and was completely drawn in! Blessings to you and your ministry and can't wait for more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thanks -- I take that as a huge compliment! I'm so glad you're enjoying my blog. Same to you, and thanks for commenting. :-)

      Delete
  5. Ohmygoodnessyou'resoluckyyayforyou!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yussssss I know. It really is too much. I don't know how I'm going to handle it all. This summer was already going to be amazing with Naomi coming for three weeks, but now HUNTER HAYES TOO?! *falls over in a faint*

      Delete
  6. Hunter Hayes?!?!?!?!?! You are lucky girl!! And maybe even Dustin Lynch and Lee Brice?!?!?!?! Now I don't want to talk to you anymore!! Jk! I hope you have Naomi have tons of fun together and that you have lots of fun when you go to the concert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, I don't blame you...I'd be super jealous too. ;-P Awww, thank you so much. I'm sure we will!

      Delete
  7. WOW GIRL WHAT EVEN

    That is so exciting!!! I hope you and Emma have a blast!! I met my best friend through an online writing curriculum, and meeting in person was the most awesome thing ever :) we visit regularly now and I'm actually going to see her again next month. So the story of you and Emma makes me super happy ♡

    Ps. Hope you get those tickets!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! Wow, really? That's awesome. I used to think it was super strange to make friends with someone over anything online, but so many people have told me about meeting their best friends that way, and now I have too, so I guess that just goes to show that you never know what's possible. ;-)

      I did get the tickets, last night!!! I'M GOING!! I'm so excited I don't really know what to do with myself. ;-P

      Delete
  8. "A scatterbrained post full of giddiness and exclamation marks"? I'M IN!!!

    Well, I was fully aware (and fully excited about) the last two, but I was NOT aware of the HUNTER HAYES ONE!!! Aww, man, Emma you get to do EVERYTHING. :P You even get to see HUNTER HAYES. *sulks* I would swoon so much if I saw him in real life. I have to agree with you about that - he pretty much IS the most adorable person on the planet. <3

    Ah, you guys. There's gonna be waayyy too much awesomeness for this world to handle when you and Naomi are together. It'll be CRAZY. :D

    Your selfies are heaps better than mine - my arms are too short, so I can't get the camera out far enough to not look suuuper awkward.
    (And gosh, DEM EARRINGS.)

    Ooohh, really?! That's pretty cool. My eldest sister has always had a weird obsession for Jesse James so she'll be rather jealous. ;) I'll have to tell her, hehe.
    Considering THAT is on your bucket list, I'm very curious to hear what else would be on there. :P

    I know the song "On the Road Again". :D *hums it with you*

    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee. As Mr. Darling says in Andy Griffifth, "Jump in and HANG ON."

      YES! I got the tickets last night and I'M GOING TO SEE HIM!!!!!!!! *swoons* *hyperventilates* *faints* *dies* I know, it really isn't fair. I don't know how all this is actually happening. I wish you could come too! Fear not, I shall tell you ALL about it.

      Haha, I'm getting slightly better at them, but it IS hard with my camera. (And thanks! Those are actually my favorite earrings. ;-))

      She does? So do I! I don't really have an official bucket list.....more like a bunch of random things I want to do floating around in my brain, and that's one of them. ;-) Maybe sometime I'll tell you what else there is.

      You do? YAY. "I just can't wait to get on the road again, cuz what I love is makin' music with my friends, I can't wait to get on the road again!"

      ~Emma

      Delete
  9. Wow--sounds like an awesome couple of weeks! Have a beautiful, beautiful time :-) (And PLEASE write and tell us ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL about Hunter Hayes. I love him and I can't wait to hear what the concert is like!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessica! Oh yes, you can be sure I will -- just like you had to write and tell us allllllll about Newsies cuz we couldn't all be there. ;-P If he plays "I Want Crazy" I'll think of you and Rosie.

      Delete
  10. Eeek, so much excitement!! Have lots of fun on your trip!

    I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU AND NAOMI!! I love reading your posts about how you're going to meet each other. Your "we met each other!" posts will be even better!! :D

    I have only heard one or two Hunter Hayes song, but I'm so happy for you!! And you might get to see Lee Brice and Dustin Lynch? Oh my. You are so lucky!!!! :D
    (Have you heard "Cowboys and Angels"? Currently it's one of my favorites. :))
    (Oh wait, yes you have. I went back to your country music post and you had linked to it. I think I actually found that song through your post! Haha! I forgot. Thank you for introducing me to my new favorite song! :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie! I did! I just got back yesterday and I'm looking forward to sharing some of the good stuff from the trip. ;-)

      I AM TOO!!!!! I'm really still in shock that this is actually happening. AND ONLY FIVE DAYS NOW. Ohhhhmygoodness. I just know for the rest of this week I'm going to be running around mad with excitement. ;-)

      YUSSSSS, I love Cowboys and Angels! It's one of my favorites too (and the main reason I want to go see Dustin Lynch). I've never been to an outdoor concert before, and country music is basically my favorite thing in the world (which, *ahem*, probably wasn't obvious at all) so I'm REALLY REALLY looking forward to August!

      Delete
  11. HUNTER HAYES????!!?!? Okay, I'm certainly not his biggest fan, but... He IS really cute... *cough*
    I hope you have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious time with all of these lovely summertime adventures, Emma! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't be his biggest fan. *I* am his biggest fan. ;-P (Heehee, not really, but I do love him a LOT.) Thank you so much, dear! It's always lovely to get a comment from you. :-)

      Delete
  12. AHHHHHHHH HUNTER HAYES I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHHHHH THANK YOU!!! I'm so happy too! (Do I take it you're something of a fan?) ;-P

      Delete
  13. Woohoo for Hunter Hayes! I'm still stuck on Josh Turner right now, will likely fall in love with Hayes soon! :)
    And it's so exciting that you and Naomi will see each other! I'm so happy you're able to do that!
    And double yay for going on a vacation! When you said aunt, uncle, and trip in the same sentence, I thought of Elizabeth Bennet going to the Lake District with her aunt and uncle! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, trust me, if you start listening to him you won't be able to HELP it. So far I've never heard of anyone who doesn't like him.

      Oh, that's funny. ;-) It wasn't quite like that -- we didn't go to Mr. Darcy's house at least, darn it. I just got home yesterday afternoon and I'm looking forward to telling all y'all about it.

      Delete
  14. "My DEAH. How perfectly THRILLING!" ;D

    How exciting is all this?! First of all, hope you're having a positively splendiferous trip, and AAACK I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU AND NAOMI! And Hunter Hayes, of course :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ISN'T it?!?!? ;-D I just got home from my trip yesterday, and yes, it was positively splendiferous! And now I can't believe there are only FIVE DAYS LEFT. *runs around in circles screaming*

      Delete
  15. Have a great time with Naomi!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! I just started reading through your blog, and of course I adore it... I have been following Naomi's blog for some time now, and I see how excited she is to see you!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!
    But anyways as I was scrolling through the posts, thinking what a lovely blog this is, and such things, I saw Hunter's beautiful face and I just-
    ARE YOU GOING TO GO SEE HIM?!?!?! OMGOOOSH!!!!! SO LUCKY!!!! I loooooove Hunter Hayes to the death, so you can imagine my delight. :)
    Sincerely,
    An affectionate reader

    ReplyDelete
  17. I stumbled upon your blog trying to figure out why Elizabeth Elliot's hair in the 2007 "Persuasion" was given such an unflatteringly flat and greasy look!
    Anyways, I poked around your blog and really enjoy your writing style and way with words :) You have a gift with the written word.
    On another note, I am a 6th grade teacher at a quaint Christian School (although I am off soon to Paris for year as a missionary :)... we end our school year with a recitation of favorite and meaningful quotes from history and literature classes. One of the favorite ones I had picked was your Anne Shirley quote below. I too wish I were just one Anne, but then again, God knows just what He's doing :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love it if you'd drop me a line or two! I always enjoy receiving comments from readers and friends. I ask that you please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please don't write anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to read. Also, if you are commenting under anonymous, please do leave your name (or some sort of moniker so that you aren't totally nameless). Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...