Friday, May 6, 2016

// little bunny in a big world //



     (I have bunnies. I am a bunny person. We tend to be an intrinsically weird bunch.)

     Yesterday evening upon arriving home from ballet class my mum informed me that the peas we'd planted a few weeks ago were up! *squeals* So I put my boots on, grabbed one of my bunnies, and went down to the bottom of the field to see for myself. And...I sort of ended up having a photo shoot with the bunny. ;-)


     This is Cotton, my second-generation white lionhead bunny. Named after Cotton Calloway of Elmer Kelton's The Good Old Boys (and now sometimes referred to as 'Cotton-Top' ever since The Hatfields and McCoys happened, *cough cough*). He was born last summer in July and is currently the only boy out of the six bunnies I have right now. Because of this he has to have his own cage (for obvious reasons), and because of this he gets special attention, and because of this he's kind of my favorite. But don't tell the others.



     Cotton has never seen a Spring before, so I like to take him on walks and show him all the bloomin' things. :-)





See the little baby pea plants?!?! (I'M SO EXCITED.)





As you can see, Cotton is rather reluctant to look at the camera. This is one of the only pictures I got of his face. 










(Cotton, that's inappropriate.)

























There's that little face! Hello, darling!






I love my little Cotton. :-) Our friend is at present trying to break out of his cage by chewing on the bars. He's a rather restless chap. I think he can't wait to get back outside and hop around in the grass.

23 comments:

  1. HE'S SO SO CUTE. I can't wait to meet him in person. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. (PS I HAVE to show this post to Hannah. :-D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOOOKKKK - It's Cotton!! Such a dear fellow! (totally random..but) YOUR BOOTS. Gah. I always borrow my sisters Wellington boots. They just make me feel..so prepared for anything out in the big muddy wilderness. welll...maybe not. ;)

    I grinned so much when I saw a photo of you with Cotton!! Geesh Emma, you're so pretty! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Oh, thanks -- those are the boots I bought for horse-riding last fall. They're Muck boots, and are completely awesome. ;-) I know that feeling!

      Aw, thanks!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness! He is so wonderful! Thank you for sharing! I can see why you love him so much, even though technically I have not seen the others. Love this post. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he though? I think so. :-) I love all the bunnies, but I have a special fondness for little Cotton.

      Delete
  5. Awww! How adorable! I want (a) bunny(s)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then get one! I'm an advocate of bunnies! ;-)

      Delete
  6. Aww. What an adorable little bundle of fur! SO cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is -- he's the fluffiest of all the bunnies. That's partly how I can tell him from the others. (That, and he's got his own cage so it's pretty easy, haha.)

      Delete
  7. So cute and fluffy! My kids are ooh-ing and aahh-ing over this post :-)

    BTW, I nominated you for a Liebster Award here. Play if you want to :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm glad. :-) Thank you! I just might do that.

      Delete
  8. Cotton!! He is so cute! ♡♡ and his name suits him perfectly. I loved looking at these pictures of such a cute little guy! Are all your bunnies white? How do you tell them apart?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone thinks I named him Cotton because he's so fluffy, but really I named him after a character -- but he really does look like a cotton ball. Five of the six bunnies are white, and the other one is a black lionhead we had before we got the white ones last summer. It is rather hard to tell them apart. ;-P We keep them in different cages, so that makes it easier. And I've mostly learned which is which by now.

      Delete
  9. When I first saw the title, (and the photo) I thought, oh dear, here's some humorous story about her bunny getting loose and her having to chase it everywhere...

    ... and then I realized it was just you doing a photo shoot. ;)

    Aww, he's so cute! I desperately want a bunny. (I wish it was legal to have bunnies as pets here where I live. *frowns*)
    Lucky Naomi will get to meet him, too. :P (Give him an extra cuddle for me, won't you, Naomi?! ;))

    One question: is he ever hard to catch, since bunnies are notorious for jumping fast? ;) (I have terrible trouble enough catching loose guinea pigs, but bunnies...!)

    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Nope, not this time. (Although goodness knows I have enough of those stories...*ahem*)

      It can be extremely hard to catch bunnies when they're loose like that, but it really depends on the bunny. Cotton here is very tame, so I can let him roam around a little on his own and not have to worry about him running away when I try to catch him. However, I've had other bunnies who will just take off running and make you chase them to get them back! But lionheads are very tame. Plus Cotton and I are friends. :-)

      Delete
  10. The Girl with the Gold PenMay 8, 2016 at 12:38 PM

    I love your new header!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HE IS WAY TOO ADORABLE!! I really want to hold him and pet that fluffy fur. :)

    (Yay for your peas!!)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love it if you'd drop me a line or two! I always enjoy receiving comments from readers and friends. I ask that you please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please don't write anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to read. Also, if you are commenting under anonymous, please do leave your name (or some sort of moniker so that you aren't totally nameless). Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...