Wednesday, April 20, 2016

The Reluctant Duchess // Review

 24105713

by Roseanna M. White

     First of all, I have no desire to pick this book apart. This is a nice book. It's probably a very good book. When I say I didn't care for it, I'm not saying anything against it at all. There is nothing wrong with this lovely wee book.

     I just...didna like it.

     The reason for this? Well, there was nothing about it that grabbed my interest. The characters did not demand I pay attention to them.They didn't reach into my soul and say, look at us! Don't you want to know what happens to us? The thing is, I could kind of guess what would happen. It wasn't a highly interesting storyline, and since the writing didn't strike me as particularly great I would just as soon let this one go. 

     However -- this review has a however -- a lot of bloggers/writers I admire have given this one glowing reviews, so even though I had to be the Johnny-rain-cloud and say I didn't like it, don't let that stop you! You might read it and love it. :-)

My rating: 5 1/2 out of 10

I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for my honest review.

1 comment:

I'd love it if you'd drop me a line or two! I always enjoy receiving comments from readers and friends. I ask that you please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please don't write anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to read. Also, if you are commenting under anonymous, please do leave your name (or some sort of moniker so that you aren't totally nameless). Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...