Saturday, November 21, 2015

My Top Five Favorite Broadway Songs {at the moment...}

     What ho! I am blogging horrendously often lately, aren't I? This is just a quickie post to tell y'all lovelies some of the gorgeous Broadway stuff I'm filling my imagination with at the present -- because these songs are too amaaaaaazing not to share with you.

     These aren't my ultimate favorite Broadway songs --just the ones I happen to be obsessing over currently. :-)




     ~ Home from Beauty and the Beast

     So I recently discovered this absolutely adorable thing called the Broadway Princess Party that Laura Osnes and some other people put on this summer. I wasn't invited (ha.ha. yeah really, Emma) but I've been enjoying all the videos on Youtube! One of my favorites is Kara Lindsay's "Home". It's SUCH a gorgeous song, and Kara's too darling for words. :-)



~ Nothings Stops Another Day from Ghost

     News flash: There is a musical version of the 1990 movie Ghost. Yes, there is. (Haven't I told you, there's a musical of everything!!!) I haven't actually watched the movie and I don't know much about the musical beyond this one song that I stumbled across a few days ago while searching for videos of Alison Luff (who plays Molly in the recent revival on Broadway.) I LOVE THIS SONG. It's currently on re-play in my brain. ;-) Listen to it, and you might understand why!



 ~ In His Eyes from Jekyll and Hyde

     Pretty much everything from Jekyll and Hyde is incredible, but THIS SONG. This was my favorite song all through October -- believe me when I say I listened to it at least twice every day. ;-D



~ Beyond the Riverbend from Pocahontas

     Another Broadway Princess Party find. I haven't even seen Pocahontas, but from what I've heard of the music I'm thinking I might need to remedy that.




~ With You from Ghost

     Another gem from Ghost. This one is super-duper sad but I LOVE IT. In a fit of madness the other night I bought the sheet music for both Nothing Stops Another Day and With You, and I'll have you know I do not regret it ;-P. Life is short -- buy sheet music! 

...and with that, I leave you. Have a nice day, everyone!

18 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE it when you post horrendously often, Emma. ;-)
    All these songs are gorgeous - I think I enjoyed the first one the best, though. Probably because Kara is so funny and cute and happens to be Katherine Plumber from Newsies... ;-D Actually, I was going to ask you about that - is there any way to watch the Broadway Newsies show? Besides listening to recordings from it? I was just wondering if there was any video of the full show. :-) (I have a feeling the answer is no, but I wanted to make sure.)
    Anyway, I enjoyed listening to the songs, thank you!
    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um....I'm not sure if there's any way to watch the Broadway Newsies. I haven't looked for one, so it's possible. I'm sure there's probably clips of it on Youtube somewhere.

      I'm glad you enjoyed listening to these! I have too. :-)

      Delete
    2. There are little clips here and there--have you watched the "behind-the-scenes" videos on YouTube? Those include bits and pieces of the show. The recording sessions are especially fun. :)

      Delete
    3. Jessica, I have watched some of those! My favorite is the 'Watch What Happens' lip sync one -- Naomi showed it to me. ;-P

      Delete
    4. Jessica,
      Oh, I've seen the lip sync to "Watch What Happens" (that's SO good!!) but I haven't seen any others. I shall have to watch some! :-) Oh, and recording sessions....they sound like the next best thing to the whole show. ;-)
      Emma,
      I'll just have to make do with the clips then. :-) (I was just wondering how you can all tell which boy is which and who is singing what when you can't see them in some of the videos! I know lots of people like Jeremy Jordan but I can't tell when he's singing or what he looks like. :-P) It's such a fun musical!
      Oh, and I sent my letter yesterday. :-D
      ~Miss Meg

      Delete
    5. Oh, well I know the character's names and the cast (from the handy-dandy list on the jacket of my CD) and I've learned what their voices sound like from listening to it so much.

      I'm excited to get your letter!!! :-D

      Delete
  2. My first reaction: NO NEWSIES SONGS?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My second reaction: I'd better listen to these.

    Oh, and yes. Kara Lindsay is always a darling. Oh, and I think 'Ghost' looks weird. :-P

    ~ Naomi Valnaomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Newsies songs?!?!! No, because I actually haven't been listening to it that much lately! I LOVE all those songs to pieces but I'm giving myself a break. These are my 'newest' favorites.

      Kara Lindsay IS a darling. And Ghost is probably super weird, but the music is divine. :-)

      ~Emma Valemma

      Delete
  3. Speaking of Broadway princess stuff . . . have you seen this video?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOXAkjKdKZ4&index=23&list=PLLrHCf8iYn2GrOx-sg8zOqZpll6jokGN2

    It's Jeremy Jordan singing a medley of four Disney Princess songs. And it is AMAAAAAAAAZING. No other word for it. (You and Naomi convinced me to give Newsies a try and I'm a confirmed Jeremy Jordan addict now. I LOVE HIS VOICE SO MUCH. ;) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JESSICA YES I HAVE AND IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!! One day I was going kinda crazy watching a bunch of JJ videos, and that was one of them. He's just...wonderful, isn't he?!?

      Delete
    2. He's awwwwwwwwesome. Especially on "Colors of the Wind"--but on ALL OF THEM, REALLY. I just love his voice and his range of expression and everything. His "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" is incredible.

      Delete
  4. I love the songs in Pocahontas! My favorite is Colors of the Wind :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosie, I love that one too. :-) My favorite song in Pocahontas, though, is 'If I Never Knew You'.

      Delete
    2. Oh yes that is a wonderful song!! My sister REALLY LIKES it :)

      Delete
  5. OH. MAH. GASH. :)

    I LURVED listening to all of these. Aww, Kara Lindsay singing "Home" is so cute! I think I might prefer the original (Susan Egan) version, but I really enjoyed watching her interpretation. SHE'S ADORABLE! I hadn't seen/heard her before:)

    And…wow. Those Ghost ones! Talk about EMOTIONAL AND REALLY GOOD! Sheesh.

    This was awesome. And it got me into a musical mood all day yesterday, so thanks for that;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olivia, you've never heard Kara Lindsay before?!? Let me introduce you then -- Olivia, this is Kara. Kara, Olivia. She played Katherine in Broadway's Newsies, so that's where I first of her, and she's absolutely adorable. :-) I love Susan Egan's version too -- I'm not sure I know which is my favorite.

      I KNOW RIGHT???

      Thanks. And as for getting you into a musical mood, your'e very welcome. I can usually be relied on to do that just about anytime. :-)

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, a broadway princess party? I will be watching all of the videos from that. :D ha
    Isn't Kara just adorable?? She's so cute and bubbly. She's one of my favorite broadway performers. :)
    And wow. Her version of "Home" was so good--I want to see her play Belle, now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie, the Princess party is so much fun!!! These are two of my favorites from it -- also Alison Luff's Journey to the Past is AMAZING. Highly recommend watching the videos. ;-)

      Kara's one of my favorites too. She has such a goofy, fun personality.

      Delete

I'd love it if you'd drop me a line or two! I always enjoy receiving comments from readers and friends. I ask that you please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please don't write anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to read. Also, if you are commenting under anonymous, please do leave your name (or some sort of moniker so that you aren't totally nameless). Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...