Monday, November 30, 2015

L.M. Montgomery Week // tag


     Today is Lucy Maud Montgomery's birthday! Eva is hosting a week-long event on her blog for this auspicious occasion, and she's come up with this fun tag. :-)


  • How did you first discover LMM’s books?

     I can't remember a time when I'd never heard of Anne of Green Gables -- my sisters and I have been watching the Anne movies since we were all knee-high to a grasshopper, so they were always a part of my childhood. I'd never read any of the books until last year, when I finally decided it was way past time for me to read Anne of Green Gables. (There was also a fair amount of prompting from my dear Naomi, who is herself a raving Montgomery fan and don't we all know it. ;-P) I really liked the book, but...I like the movie version better. That's the Anne I grew up with. :-)





  • What’s your favorite LMM book? 

     I've only read two -- Anne of Green Gables and The Blue Castle. I think of the two I enjoyed The Blue Castle more.




  • What’s your least favorite LMM book?

    I don't have one! ;-P


  • Who is your favorite character in allllll of LMM’s works?

     Probably Anne Shirley. Though if I read more of her books that might not hold true....but for now, that's my answer.



     She also has my favorite hair in the world. I really want her hair.


  • What couple is your favorite?

     Anne and Gilbert. I love them dearly.


I MEAN LOOK.


  • What is your favorite quote from LMM (either a quote from one of her books, or from her personal life)?

     I LOVE Lucy Maud Montgomery's quotes. I've collected loads of them on Goodreads and have several tacked up in various places around my house. Here's one I particularly like:

     "When you've learned to laugh at the things that should be laughed at, and not to laugh at those that shouldn't, you've got wisdom and understanding."

     I think Maud must have really liked cats, because she also has some good quotes about them, such as this one...

     "I love them {cats}, they are so nice and selfish. Dogs are TOO good and unselfish. They make me feel uncomfortable. But cats are gloriously human."

    AMEN, sistah.


  • How many LMM books have you read?

     A heaping total of....two. Heh. Give me time, I'll remedy that.




  • Which LMM book would you most like to see made into a movie?


      I'd love to see a good movie of The Blue Castle -- one with enchanting scenery and glorious twinkly music and glitzy costumes and strong actors. (And I agree with Hamlette that Barney Snaith should be played by Michael Fassbender. But then, I'm usually all too eager to cast Michael Fassbender as any mysterious, broody character.)


  • Have you found a kindred spirit?

     Yes, I have! Many, in fact. And in the oddest places too. Turns out they ain't so scarce as I used to think. :-)
   


14 comments:

  1. Aaah, I loved reading your answers! I think Anne and Gilbert are so sweet . . . especially Gilbert. I always get SO MAD at Anne for not loving him a looooong time ago :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they though?!?! And Gilbert keeps on loving her all those years, even when she keeps giving him the cold shoulder...this, children, is Why We Love Gilbert Blythe. :-)

      Delete
  2. Good answers!

    Yes, I rather do think she likes cats, because one of her characters, Emily from Emily of New Moon, is a cat fan. And the Emily of New Moon series is intended to be semi-autobiographical, so that would make sense. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so. :-) I should read the Emily books -- I love cats myself, so naturally I like reading about people who like them as much as I do.

      Delete
  3. Hahahaha. "Don't we all know it." :-P

    I LOVE that quote about cats. It's so TRUE. :-)
    You must read more of her books. JUST SAYIN. (Your Mama has Jane of Lantern Hill. You can always read that one while you wait for Rilla. It's a darling book.)

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, and I'm going to. Just give me time!! (I know of one in particular I'll be reading very soon...*wink*)

      Delete
  4. I grew up with Anne of Green Gables too. :-D I don't remember a time when I hadn't seen it (and didn't like it).
    Tsk, tsk, Emma, only 2?!!! :-P I've read....the first 5 Anne books, (numerous times) and I've read Chronicles of Avonlea and Further Chronicles of Avonlea. So about 7? I really want to read more, though! I heartily enjoy them. :-)
    *siiigh* I'M LOOKING I'M LOOKING......It's ssooo pretttyyy.....I wish I was told to sit next to Gilbert in school. :-P
    Haha, wow, that first quote you had of hers! I laugh a lot, and really, I have learnt there is a time to laugh and a time not to, but sometimes I'm afraid I mix them up. ;-P (I mustn't have much wisdom or understanding. Heh.)
    "And in the oddest places too." Haha, yep! Totally agree. ;-) I find kindred spirits always pop up when you're not expecting them! It's the best feeling ever when they do, though. *happy sigh*
    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know -- only two! 'Tis shameful. But I will remedy it soon. ;-)

      I know, me too! ;-D And that quote....pretty much sums up what I want to be. I want to laugh at the things that are worth laughing at, and recognize what things aren't. (Though I'm not sure how much wisdom or understanding I have at this point..)

      That's the lovely thing about kindred spirits! They're always a delightful surprise. :-)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for answering the tag, Emma! :)

    Isn't The Blue Castle scrumptious? I loooove it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It was fun. :-) And yessss, The Blue Castle is beautiful!!

      Delete
  6. Great answers!
    Anne and Gilbert are too cute for words!! And a great cat-quote - it made me laugh a lot.

    By the way I've been reading your blog for a while and I like it a lot! (I'm just really bad at commenting)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rosie! Aww, that means so much to me. :-) I'm glad!

      Delete
  7. I have to disagree with the cat/dog quote.... my three dogs are INCREDIBLY selfish. At least with each other. haha Two of them regularly try to hog all of the toys, and one dog has resorted to sitting in her kennel MUCH of the time in order to keep the other dog out. It's rather humorous. ;)
    I need to read the Blue Castle...it seems everyone has but me, and they all love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Yes, I know some selfish dogs too. ;-P But MY dog is very unselfish, whereas my cat is confident that the world revolves around him and him alone. I know, that's how I felt about TBC, and then I read it and loved it!

      Delete

I'd love it if you'd drop me a line or two! I always enjoy receiving comments from readers and friends. I ask that you please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please don't write anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to read. Also, if you are commenting under anonymous, please do leave your name (or some sort of moniker so that you aren't totally nameless). Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...