Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Living Life to the Fullest // guest post by Miss Meg

     Hello, all you lovely people who read Emma’s blog! Emma has kindly offered me to ‘share the stage’ with her, for a day. Isn’t that jolly nice of her?

     After mulling it over in my mind, I decided to write about something that’s been on my heart for a long time.  There’s many different ways I could take it, but I’ll focus on the main part:

Living Life to the Fullest 

     I don’t blame you if you just cringed at that. ;) It’s rather cliché and overused, I must admit, but I have begun to discover there is so much more to that phrase than meets the eye. Most people look at it through the world’s perspective, but for the past year or more, I’ve been learning to look at it from a Christian perspective.



     If you know me well, you’d know that I am NOT a spontaneous person – I have to have my lists and schedule, and try to know everything before it happens. (I know that sounds awful – I’m working on it! Spontaneity is not natural with me, you see. Hehe.) This last year I have been trying to ‘jump at every opportunity’ and I believe in that respect, I have. Not one social event did I decline (except when I was sick) and I never regretted it. But I discovered it’s not just when you are outside your home and normal daily activities – living your life to the fullest includes home as well! In our two weeks break from school, I spent an entire day baking, icing and decorating 30+ cupcakes (and then made another 20 the following week) and baked 40 homemade biscuits, as well as reading a book and writing a letter.  I was much happier at the end of that day than I was a few days later, when I slept in, watched television and read a book. I realized that using every blessed minute of my day for something useful or productive is so much better than lounging around and frankly, being lazy. Since then, I have decided to take the plunge and try new, creative things at home and out of home.  I chose to try that harder recipe for dinner then the normal one I make (it ended up taking 3 hours to make, and I was not in the best of moods at the end of it, but I’m still glad I did it :P), I pursued that rather scary, deeper topic with that friend, in order to become closer and encourage each other, I spent a little less than half my pocket money to go see that musical. (Yes, can I just slip that in and say I’M SEEING LES MISERABLES LIVE! Somebody pinch me, please!) In choosing to do this, I realized another important thing: You can live your life to the fullest selflessly.  I went through a stage where I was so swept up in being productive with MY little things, I forgot about my little siblings who were asking to play, or those dishes that nobody wanted to wash. I believe I felt 3 times happier, playing Peter Pan with my little brother (even though I always have to be Captain Hook while my 5 year old brother always has to be Peter Pan, who always has to win) than writing my story. Of course, I LOVE writing stories, but I can find time for that later! My relationship with my family is more important than my relationship with my fictional characters. (Although I am not ashamed in admitting I AM rather attached to my dear fictional characters.) This brings to my next point: To be content with the life God has given me.


     I am afraid that is one of the hardest struggles I have. So many times I wish to go out with my siblings to see friends, or to be able to go there or do that like those other girls my age. And then I understand, that God has a reason for every single thing, and He has chosen the people in my life and everything I have. Utterly everything I have is from Him. He has given me everything I need, to lead the life He wants me to.  And that makes my heart sing.

     And now, we come to the finish and I have my favourite point to make: That being a Christian is the most joyful experience there is. Can I get an amen on that? I have only just truly discovered this glorious truth, and I can’t wait to see it come to life more and more, but for now, I know this; that He can turn my gloominess into happiness and how I should have nothing to be sad about because of what He’s done. Everything is in His hands, so if I am worried or stressed about it, I just give it all over to Him. I can have my Saviour beside me with every breath, and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. That I can live my life for the Lord, living every single minute of my life with a purpose, and with the hope and joy of Christ.


     Summing it all up, I wish to make the most of my life. I want to be bolder in my faith, I want to be more adventurous in my actions, and I want to maybe get out of my comfort zone more than I used to. (Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying I shall jump off a cliff screaming “YOLO!” and hope for the best. There is a limit to getting out of my comfort zone. ;P) Within my home, and outside of it, I want to take up all opportunities, and create more. I want to live my life selflessly, and for others, which, by the way, doesn’t mean it’s boring. ;) I want to use every day, with what God has given me, to lead a crazy, joyful life for God’s glory.

*         *        *        *       *

     So please tell me, do you agree?  Are you eager to live a crazy, joyful life too? What are some of the valuable lessons the Lord has been teaching you this past year?

(Thank you so much, Miss Meg, for guest posting!!!) :-D

18 comments:

  1. Wow, great post Miss Meg! I really needed to hear this! I've been struggling a lot with laziness in all areas of my life recently and your thoughts were a bit of a slap in the face (in a GOOD way) to me. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so very much, Lydia! Your comment made me very happy. :) I'm so glad it was encouraging and helpful to you (and dear me, I'm glad the slap in the face was a GOOD thing :P). Thank you for your kind words. :)
      ~Miss Meg

      Delete
  2. Amen, girl! Every word :)

    P.S. I really meant that. :) :)

    P.P.S. Thanks for the encouragement! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rosie, I loved your comment! (Actually, I don't believe we've officially met - hi, I'm Meg! :P I mean, that's my pen name, just like yours is Rosie. ;)) I'm so happy that I can encourage other girls as well! :)
      ~Miss Meg

      Delete
    2. Great to meet you, Meg! Do you call yourself Meg after Meg March in Little Women? I call myself Rosie after a girl in a song. I really liked reading your guest post :)

      Do you have a blog by the way? I don't, although I wish I did. But I don't have the time right now -- I'm a senior in high school. 'Nuff said :P

      Delete
    3. Yes, that's right, I call myself after Meg March. :) (I used to call myself "Miss Meg March" but as it was rather confusing since there's another "Miss March", I decided to shorten it to "Miss Meg.") I am very much like her (well, in some ways at least - I'm a bit more outgoing than her, though) and I liked the name. Plus Little Women is one of my favourite stories. :D But that's a neat idea - getting a name off a song! I like that. :)
      No, I don't have a blog. :) Maybe someday I might get one, but as of yet I do not. (But there are certainly days when I wish I did. That's why it's so kind of Emma to let me guest post. :)) Haha, yep, being a senior in high school explains it all. :P I'm in the last few years of high school, myself, although I tend to find enough time to write every so often. I don't have a job or anything, but for some reason my spare time seems to slip through my fingers! ;)
      ~Miss Meg

      Delete
    4. Ah, I see! I think that was a good idea to shorten it, as two people with the same name would be confusing :D

      There are definitely days when I wish I had a blog. I have SO MUCH to say! But . . . so little time to say it in. *sob*

      You're in the last years of high school too? Neat!

      Oooh, believe me, I know aaaalll about spare time slipping right through my fingers :)

      Delete
  3. Miss Meg, can I give you a hug?!!!!! Because I BASICALLY LOVED THIS. :-D

    And yes, you can get an Amen. :-) (I'm just like you. I need to work on my spontaneity, too.) I get very self-absorbed in my own stuff; thank you for writing this. As Lydia Scott said, " your thoughts were a bit of a slap in the face (in a GOOD way) to me."

    Thanks, girl! Love the way you write. :-)

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'd love to get a hug from you, Naomi!!! :-D Aww, thank you so much. It really means a lot to get such sweet and encouraging 'feedback' from all you lovely girls! <3
      Hehe, I'm glad I got an amen (or two). ;-) (Haha, wow, was that rhyme on purpose? Your 'I'm just like YOU. I need to work on my spontaneity TOO." I think mine rhymed too...."Spontaneity is not natural with ME you SEE. HEHE." :-P) Oh, believe me, I get self absorbed too! Sometimes I have to give myself a 'bit of a slap in the face', too, haha. :-P
      You're welcome, and thank you for the compliment - it means a lot coming from you. :-)
      ~Miss Meg

      Delete
    2. Nope, it wasn't a ryhme on purpose! Aren't we CLEVER?!!! :-)

      Delete
  4. Miss Meg this is simply beautiful!! :-D You're seeing Les Mis too?! Ohmygosh we must talk about it after!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Aussie chum! ;-D Yes, I'm seeing it toooo!!!! Yes, we MUST!! I'm seeing it on the 30th December, which is actually 3 days after my birthday, so it's a birthday present from my parents. :-) I'm SO EXCITED!!!! :-D Will you see it before me? :-)
      ~Miss Meg

      Delete
  5. This was excellent, Miss Meg. Thank you for sharing. You are so right, we get a whole lot more satisfaction out of being productive and living for others than just checking off things on our personal 'to-do' lists.

    "Being a Christian is the most joyful experience there is." AMEN. Too often I take it for granted, but having Christ in me is truly the greatest blessing I will ever receive.

    Thank you for this post, Miss Meg. It's wonderful to hear how God is working in your life. Keep enjoying the time you have with your family. Your little siblings are only young once. (Okay. I have to admit, I'm talking to myself, as well, because I totally need to spend more time with my younger siblings.) Thanks for the reminder. :)

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss March! :-)
      Oh, hehe, you said Amen. ;-) But yes, I do take it for granted much too often, also. It's so amazing to think that God has given us the greatest blessing EVER. :-)
      I'm glad it can be an encouragement to you! (If only one person commented to say they were encouraged, I would have been thrilled. To get so many lovely responses makes me incredibly happy!) And yes, I certainly know what you mean! ;-) I do love spending time with my family, and I have already begun to freak out at how fast my little siblings grow. I don't think I can ever spend TOO much time with my family, and my little siblings really do deserve more sibling time. That is always something I need to work on - not to get so swept up with my novels and such, and forget about my little sister who asked to play barbies with me, or my little brother who asked for a story. I think I should hop off this computer and do just that. ;-)
      Thank you for your wonderful comment!
      ~Miss Meg

      Delete
  6. Miss Meg, this was utterly perfect! I can relate to practically everything you said in this post.
    I want to go through and comment on everything you said, but I feel like I'd just be echoing your own sentiments. :) This was just SUCH a good post!

    And you're seeing Les Mis???? WOW that's amazing!!! I'm so happy for you, have loads of fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! :) I'm so glad you liked it! Haha, I know that feeling, I often get it with your posts - I can't really say anything because you've said all I was thinking. But thank you, I'm so glad you found it interesting and could relate to it! :)
    AND YES IT'S SO EXCITING!!!! :D :D :D Thank you, I'm sure I will! :)
    Thank for your comment - I loved it! :)
    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow.

    The end.

    (Miss Meg, this is a FANTASTIC post. Thank you so much for sharing the Lord's faithfulness and for encouraging us! This was inspiring. You're right; one does feel so much better at the end of a truly productive day than at a solely "leisure" day. Thank you again!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, thank you, Olivia. :) That makes me feel so happy and warm inside, to think I inspired or encouraged someone! :D It means a lot. :)
    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete

I'd love it if you'd drop me a line or two! I always enjoy receiving comments from readers and friends. I ask that you please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please don't write anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to read. Also, if you are commenting under anonymous, please do leave your name (or some sort of moniker so that you aren't totally nameless). Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...