Friday, August 28, 2015

What do you know, I've been tagged again!



     Hello friends! Well, it appears I've been tagged again with the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award by this nice girl named Naomi (anybody know her?) Now, I don't like to do tags too often because they distract me from all the other awesome and fabulous posts I want to write for y'all, but I've got to do this one because the questions look like such fun. :-) Plus, this Naomi girl is very nice and always comments on my posts. Hmm. I'd like to get to know her better.

     (HAHAHAHAHA.)

     So. There are rules for these things, so here they are:



  • thank the blogger who nominated you (I think I did that -- yes, I did.)
  • put the award logo on your blog (check!)
  • answer the ten questions set to you (in due time)
  • make up ten questions for your nominees to answer
  • nominate ten other bloggers 

1. Describe your eyes, please.

     Well, since you said please. Right now, with seasonal allergies running rampant, my eyes are very pink and runny....y'all ever seen that Christy episode where Becky O'Teale has trachoma? Yeah, that's what my eyes look like right now.

     BUT usually they're very pretty. :-) I think my eyes are my best feature, actually. They're dark brown and shiny with little stars in them. (No, really.) They look a lot like Robert Lindsay's eyes:


     We also have the same nose. My sister says I just plain look like Robert Lindsay, period. Except I don't have that cool scar on my forehead.


2. What's the last thing you bought? (And food doesn't count.)

      *thinking*....Probably the stack of books I bought at a library sale a couple weeks ago. Among them were Rebecca, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society, and Betsy-Tacy (which I already read and it was abso-tootly ADORABLE.) I love booksales. :-)


3. Do you keep a diary? (And do you let people read it, or is it filled with dark secrets?)

     I do keep a diary...sort of. That is, I keep a notebook in which I write down any and every little thing that comes to my mind that requires writing down (which is basically a diary, haha.) I don't call it a diary, I just call it a notebook.

     Do I let people read it? Um, NO. I doubt anyone would want to! It's not filled with dark secrets. It has some secrets, yes. But mostly it just has pages and pages of ramblings about my novels, my feelings, my life. I also write down things that I've heard people say that I thought were funny or interesting. 


4. If you could choose, have pink hair for a week, or have one encounter with Blandois from 'Little Dorrit' in the night on a lonely road? (For those of you who haven't read or seen Little Dorrit, Blandois is this horrible murderer who turns blood into ice. (not literally.))

     AHHHH!!! Well, I should absolutely hate to have pink hair...but that would be better than getting murdered, which is what could happen if I ran into Blandois! So, I'll take the pink hair, thanks. Just promise me it washes out after a week, okay?!


5. What do you imagine I look like? (I'm curious.)

     Well, I KNOW what you look like! *tee-hee* "But if you'll let me tell you what I IMAGINE you look like, I think you'll find it a lot more interesting." :-D

You have brown hair, of course. It's long and very frizzy and curls around your face like you've been running a long time in the wind, even when you haven't. You're not very tall, but not very short. You have two eyes (most people do, after all :-)) the color of faded moss. Your skin is light and peachy, rosy and happy, and you're almost allllways smiling because you have so much to be glad about. You talk very fast, and sometimes you trip over words (which is adorable in person, but sometimes hard to understand over a long-distance telephone call) because you have lots to say and you're enthusiastic about what you're saying. You look like the kind of girl who loves to love things, and you "look like a girl who feels beautiful."

     Folks, that's what Naomi looks like.

  
6. Did you ever believe in Santa Claus?

     Flat-out NO. Never did. I was a very clever child, I was. In preschool I got in trouble for telling another little girl that Santa Claus didn't exist. 

7. When do you allow yourself to start listening to Christmas songs?

     Usually the VERY TAIL END of November. I am not one of those nuts who likes to start listening to Christmas music in September. Nope. I LOVE Christmas, but I'm in no hurry for it to get here! I want my fall first.


8. Do you have a pair of pink shoes? (Because I think I want them.)

     I don't! All my shoes are either brown or black, come to think of it. I'm a very dull dresser, I guess. I don't have many things that are pink.


9. When you say the word 'brother' in a British accent, do you end up saying 'brotha' or 'brother'? (Because often when people try out British accents, they make the mistake of doing the latter.)

     *tries it out first*

     Okay, it sounds more like 'brotha'. Unless I'm doing a working-class, cockney English accent, in which case it comes out more like 'bro-ther.' I don't know. I try.


10. Which literary character can you mimic the best?

     Well, I do a pretty good interpretation of the monstrous Elkanah Bent from the North and South trilogy. ("I have extraordinary leadership abilities!") *ahem* I can also do Mr. Smallweed from Bleak House pretty well. ("Put me down and shake me up!") I try to do Woodrow Call from Lonesome Dove in Tommy Lee Jones' voice, but I just can't. "It ain't against the law for you to work, Augustus." See, it doesn't work.



  Now's the part where I nominate ten bloggers....which I thought about doing, but then I decided that since I already did this award once and nominated ten girls, I don't really have to this time. Plus, it might be time for this particular tag to stop circling around my same group of friends. ;-P 

    

      ...On another note, today is Tasha Tudor's 100th birthday!!! Tasha Tudor has been one of my very favorite people since I was just a wee thing. I love her stories, and her lifestyle has always been such an inspiration to me. I want to be like her. :-) I was desperately wishing I could go to the Tasha Tudor museum in Vermont for the centenary celebration this year, but alas, it wasn't to be. :-( So I will be celebrating at home with a cup of tea and a cat and a storybook.


     And since this post is already a conglomeration of a bunch of random things that don't necessarily have anything to do with each other, I will leave you with this fun video that's been making me laugh for days. :-)




14 comments:

  1. Great post. :) And that video is hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lois! I know, isn't it adorable? ;-D

      Delete
  2. Haha, well, *I* think Robert Lindsay is very good looking (especially in his attire in the Hornblower movies) and he does have very eyes, as do you. ;-)
    I have to hurry a bit but can I just say this was a very fun post and that video at the end kept a smile on my face the whole time and brought out a few giggles. :-D
    ~Miss Meg March

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think so too. :-P Especially when he was younger in the musical "Me and My Girl", and of course in the Hornblower movies (because who DOESN'T look dashing in a navy uniform?!)

      I'm glad it was fun! :-D

      Delete
  3. AHAHAHAHAAAA. *rubs hands* This is gotta be fun. :-D

    Your first paragraph was hilarious. I was reading it with a huge ginormous grin and wondering when the big 'hahaha' would come. We always do that after sarcasm, don't we? :-P And yup, it came.

    "Since you said please." Haha.

    Eww, it's creepy to compare yourself to a man, Emma. But yes, I DO see what you mean. You have the same kind of twinkly-quirky eyes. I LOVE THEM. :-)
    I still find it hilarious that we bought the same book so soon after each other. I love it when we have those little coincidences.
    *I*, for one, wouldn't MIND read your diary. :-) I don't let people read my diaries either - unless it's a really open one I scribble in during holidays away. I used to keep rather private ones - when I was about 13 (those were my annoying-teenager years. I was such a kid.) - I seriously want to burn them sometimes. I probably will. :-P
    Yes, it does wash out after the end of the week. NO worries. :-)
    AWW YOUR DESCRIPTION OF ME. It's too flattering. You make me sound like a heroine which I JUST LOVE. Thank you!!!!!!!!!! :-) I LOVE IT. :-) (And yup, that's the way I talk. Soary.)
    Same here - my parents always told us. Once a small boy in conversation with another boy (he was telling the boy that Santa Claus didn't exist) stopped me on the road and said,' Hey, we'll ask HER. Does Santa Claus exist?' 'No', I said. (Duh.) And then the boy went 'SEE?!!!!' to the other boy. (Poor other boy. Hearing it for the first time.) (You went to preschool?! I didn't know that. So did I - but I hardly remember anything.)
    I know your opinion on Christmas music. Why did I ask you? Haha. (I'm the same, though - I try not to listen to Christmas music till the end of November.)
    I have a pair of pink shoes. But they're starting to be too small. SOB.
    Haha, Cockney and British is SO different. But us British folk say 'Brotheh' not 'Brothah'. People always make the mistake of making a very open end to words such as 'mother' and 'sister' and 'father' and 'brother.' It's a very short end. :-)
    Ohh, Tasha Tudor's 100th birthday! (She's not still alive, right?)

    Thank you darling! I LOVED THIS.
    (And I'm *so* surprised that you didn't follow all the rules. GOODNESS.)

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee. :-D I loved your comment. I'm just sitting here trying to think of how best to begin a reply. I guess it doesn't matter -- I'll just dive right in.

      Haha, I guess one might think it IS creepy to say that I look similar to a man, but it's really not like that at all. It's been a sort of joke with Sadie and me for a long time -- it started when we were watching Hornblower and she noted that Captain Pellew and I chew in the same manner, and then she said we had the same nose, and the same eyes, and so we decided that I just look kind of like him. :-D

      I know! It's so funny! And I really like your idea of reading it together (although you'd probably finish the book in one day, whereas it'd take me a week or so.) But still it would be fun, reading it at the same time.

      You ARE a heroine, Naomi. :-) And I love the way you talk, just for the record.

      I can't recall that my parents ever really told me that Santa Claus didn't exist -- I guess they must have at one point, but it seems like I always just knew. Aww! That's a really funny story. ;-P Yep, I went to preschool! It was so much fun. I was a naughty little girl.

      Ohh, thank you. I will remember that whenever I try a British accent. It's so nice that you know so much about these things. :-)

      No, Tasha Tudor died in...2008, I think. (I'm sad. I wanted to meet her.) Someday I hope to meet her children and grandchildren.

      Thank YOU, darling! I'm glad you loved it!

      Delete
  4. Heehee:D Fun answers!

    WOODROOOOOWWWW! *sniffles* I don't know why I love him so much. I just do.

    Haha, isn't that video of Kristin Chenoweth hilarious?! My sister first showed that to me a while ago, and I love it:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOOOOODROW!!! I love him too. :-) I started watching LD the other day when my allergies were making me feel really bad -- I got more than halfway through, but I still gotta finish it. :-D SOOOOOOO GOOD. *sigh*

      Yes! I love it. She's one of my favorite Broadway girls. :-)

      Delete
  5. Haha, I've seen that Christy episode. You poor thing! I hope you feel better soon! I can relate. :(
    YOU'VE READ BESTY-TACY?? Aren't they just the best books ever?? I mean, some of the best books, anyways. :) I just re-read the high school years books and...oh. I forgot how beautiful they are. I want to live in Deep Valley and be part of Betsy's crowd. The things they did back then sound so much more fun than now-a-days stuff, haha.
    Awwww!! Your description of Naomi was so sweet and perfect.
    Heehee, I can only hear Glinda in that video. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie! I hope so too. Allergies are NO fun. Haha, so you actually got my reference. ;-P

      Yes! Well, I read the first book, and I'd love to read the others.

      Heehee. Well, that's what Naomi looks like to me! ;-D

      I knowwww!!!! She is so Galinda. She will always be Galinda to me!

      Delete
  6. Not to sound weird, but I so love your description of Naomi! That was my favorite part of this post, it was so well-written and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you. It IS a pretty spot-on description, if I do say so myself. :-)

      Delete
  7. Robert Lindsay! Dear, darling Captain Sir Edward Pellew! Your eyes must be lovely indeed, then.

    The three books you bought? I LOVE all three of them. High five for library book sales!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betsy-Tacy was adorable. :-) I've started reading Rebecca, but I haven't been able to get into it yet -- so far it's just bleak and boring. I've heard wonderful things about the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society (including your own reviews), so I have high hopes for that one!

      Delete

I'd love it if you'd drop me a line or two! I always enjoy receiving comments from readers and friends. I ask that you please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please don't write anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to read. Also, if you are commenting under anonymous, please do leave your name (or some sort of moniker so that you aren't totally nameless). Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...