Sunday, August 2, 2015

Legends of Western Cinema Week Finale!



     Well, it's here, folks. The conclusion of our second annual Legends of Western Cinema Week. This is the part where we say goodbye, and the cowboy rides off into the sunset towards a new adventure...


    *ahem* I'm getting a little too emotional about this. ;-D What I want to say is, this week has been SUCH a blast! Olivia and I have had so much fun hosting this event and sharing with y'all our deep and slightly obsessive (occasionally frightening, even) love of the western genre and the cowboy way. We loved every bit of it. And we're thrilled that so many of you decided to join us! 

     Here's a list of our participants and their posts:


~ Alicia at Sweet N' Salty:
My LOWCW contribution

~ Faith at Stories By Firefly:
Westerns week!

~ Rebecca Jane at The Silver Flute:
Western Week!!!

~ Annie at The Western Desk:
 The Virginian Episode Review ~ Throw a Long Rope

~ Heidi at Along the Brandywine:
Stagecoach (1939)

~ Lydia Dyslin at Through the Wardrobe:
The Wild Wild West

~ Elisabeth Grace Foley at The Second Sentence:
Five Westerns for Beginners
 My Darling Clementine (1946)

~ Eva at Coffee, Classics and Craziness:
Seven Awesome Things about Mag7

~ Eowyn at Captured by the Word:
My Three Favorite Westerns - In Bullet Point Form

~ Hanne-col at Ain't We Got Fun:
 Film Review: Rio Grande (1959)
 Roy Rogers: My Introduction to the Western Film

~ Meredith at On Stories and Words:
Why You Should Watch The Apple Dumpling Gang

~ Hamlette at Hamlette's Soliloquy:
3:10 to Yuma (1957)
Ten Favorite Western Soundtracks
~ at J and J Productions:
Movie Music and More #20: Tombstone (1993)
~ at The Edge of the Precipice:
Five Favorite Western Book to Movie Adaptations

(Award for Top Participation goes to Hamlette!)

~ Deborah at Sidewalk Crossings:
My most listened to Western Movie Soundtracks
Lonely are the Brave (1962)
 Run of the Arrow (1957)

~ James at J and J Productions:
Top Ten Westerns: Part 1
Top Ten Westerns: Part 2
6 Unconventional Westerns


  If I missed anybody, it's not too late to let me know and I'll add your posts here. :-)

    (And if you haven't been to Olivia's blog -- which is ridiculous, get over there right now -- you can find her Western Week posts Right Here.)

Because I'm feeling emotional. Tom understands.

    Look at how many people participated in this!!! THANK YOU ALL so much. You've made this week absolutely spectacular! I hope y'all enjoyed it as much as Olivia and I have!!!
     

"Let 'er buck."

12 comments:

  1. Oh no, I was a little late. I posted the links on the original post though.

    -James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those last two pictures are toooooooo sweet for words.
    Thanks for doing, this, Emma--it's been a lot of fun! I hope you and Olivia do it again next summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, you're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it. And yes, I hope Olivia and I will be able to do it next summer! ;-)

      Delete
  3. *holds hands up in surrender* Truce!! Truce, for the love of all that's holy!;) Oy with the feels already, haha:D But seriously--TOM AND FRANK. What is this thing. (It's okay, though, because they're good feels.)

    I'm a little emotional about it too *sniffles* IT'S BEEN A BLAST. Absolutely agree with everything you said, totally. "Deep, slightly obsessive, even frightening..." Haha, YES!

    *sigh* So THANK YOU for the experience! It's been so amazing. (And yes, let's do it next year!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I knew you'd be okay. They're good feels. :-)

      You're welcome! And YES, we must!

      Delete
  4. Ah, this has been great. :) Thanks so much for hosting this blog week, Emma & Olivia! I hope it becomes a yearly thing, especially since I hope to have watched a lot more Westerns by this time next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Eva! I hope you watch more westerns too. And I hope to see The Magnificent Seven soon! :-)

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad everyone had so much fun with your Westerns Week! I would have commented more but...ahem..I've seen VERY little of the movies you've mentioned. :/
    Hopefully next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks SO much for hosting this Emma & Olivia! I hope to participate again next summer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! That is a ton of participants. And I now have a bunch new blogs to check out! Congrats on a really successful blog party week -- so completely cool!

    (Also, look at that! I won an award! Thank you kindly.)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love it if you'd drop me a line or two! I always enjoy receiving comments from readers and friends. I ask that you please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please don't write anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to read. Also, if you are commenting under anonymous, please do leave your name (or some sort of moniker so that you aren't totally nameless). Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...