Monday, August 17, 2015

Goodbye, S'more



     You were a fine rabbit, a good friend and companion. We had you for ten years! That's longer than any other bunny. You were always so attentive to all the other bunnies, caring for them, being a shoulder to lean on. Your ears never could decide if they wanted to stick up straight or flop around. You waited patiently while we clipped your toenails, you took everything in stride, you never tried to escape from the pen (well, maybe a few times,) you made friends with every bunny you met. You did tip your food dish over once in a while, but I never met a bunny who didn't do that. :-)

     I was with you when you took your last breath. I buried you out in the cornfield, under the dry dirt. Next spring we'll plant corn over you. I think you'd have wanted to be there, close to your home.

     There was never a bunny sweeter than you, and you were loved. You will be missed.

     "We are all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth til death. We travel between the eternities."     ~ Print Ritter

     Goodbye, S'more baby.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so sweet! I love bunnies and this one sounds like a darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. :( I am so sorry about your rabbit. S'more looks like such a sweet bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! I know the feelings. I used to have rabbits when I was younger. My black Lop, Tootsie Roll was really sweet like S'more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I'm sorry Emma. Really. That must have been sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, I know what it's like to lose a loved pet. I had a guinea pig for 8 years (I got it when I as around 4) and a couple years ago she died. She was very loved and the most sweetest and tamest pet guinea pig I've ever seen. She never ran away and would sit in your lap and not move while you stroked her. She never bit me. She gave me a record amount of babies and was so darling. I still miss Poppy, even though it was years ago since I saw her body heave with it's last breath, since I buried her in the paddock in a shoe box, with a little "Here lies our beloved Poppy, who we'll never forget". *sniff*
    ~Miss Meg March

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...my dearest Emma... What a sweet, heartfelt tribute to your precious bunny darling... Such an adorable name! Pets truly become like family members, and oh! It is truly hard to say goodbye...how special that S'more was with your family for ten years...
    Hugs to you, my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  7. *wipes away tears* that is all..
















    Beautiful Emma










    I'm so sorry for the loss of your bunny though
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry, Emma. I know it's really sad when you lose a pet. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emma, I'm so sorry for the loss of S'more. He sounds like such an adorable sweetie! I know how incredibly hard it is to lose a pet, especially a one you love a lot. :( I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww. Sorry for your loss! What a sweet memorial post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww! I'm so sorry:( This is a beautiful tribute! (Plus, um,Print Ritter.)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love it if you'd drop me a line or two! I always enjoy receiving comments from readers and friends. I ask that you please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please don't write anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to read. Also, if you are commenting under anonymous, please do leave your name (or some sort of moniker so that you aren't totally nameless). Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...