Howdy, folks! Yup, it's me, your long-lost friend, the girl who keeps company with snails while reading on stones down at the creek. Did you all know that it's summer?! Isn't it wonderful? I can't get enough of being out in the sunshine! So if blogging is kind of scarce, you know why. ;-)
Anyway! Becca and Bethany have nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! Isn't that groovy? (Behold the button above.) Thanks, ladies!
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the Award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate ten blogs
1. If you were stranded on an island with a box, what would you want to be in that box?
Um....how big a box are we talking? It'd be great if I could have my laptop, but I doubt they have wifi on deserted islands. ;-P My notebook and pen, a water bottle, my Bible, my stuffed rabbit Elbert, some good books to read.
2. Do you like to go camping, and if so, where do you prefer to sleep? (ie. tent, camper, cabin, under the stars.)
I've never been camping *for real*, actually. Sleeping under the stars would be dreamy and all, but I think I'd eventually end up going back in the cabin. ;-)
3. What's the craziest thing you've ever cooked/baked?
Oh boy, ask my sister this question and you'd get a much more interesting answer! The extent of my cooking goes about as far as couscous, popcorn, and peanut butter cookies. I've never tried anything super crazy.
4. What's the last movie you saw in theaters?
I've actually seen three movies in the theater so far this year -- which is rare for me, because I've probably seen about eight or nine in theaters in my life. The last movie I saw was Beyond the Mask in April. For an independently made film, it was pretty impressive.
5. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would you chose?
Well, I already have a cat, so I'm going to say a horse. I've never ridden horses very much before, but I'd really like to. This summer I'm hopefully going to start riding lessons, which I'm SUPER excited about!
6. Favorite flavor to combine with chocolate? (ie. coffee, rspberry, coconut, carmel...)
Probably peanut butter! "I thoroughly enjoy this peanut butter..."okay, I won't start. ;-P
7. If you were zapped back in time, where would you hope to end up and what's one thing would you want with you?
The OLD WEST. I'd ride horses and chase outlaws and be swept off my feet by a rough-and-tumble cowboy. Hmm, what's one thing I'd want with me? My pen, Vivian, for sure. And a notebook. Then I could write down my adventures.
8. Do you sing along to the radio?
ALL the time. Yup. Especially if it's country. Something about country music just makes me want to wag my head and sing along, even if I don't know the words.
9. Do you have any nicknames? If so, what are they?
Heehee, I've got a few. Of course, my family often calls me "Em". (But only a few authorized people beyond that can call me Em. If you want to call me Em, you need special permission first.) ;-P My best friend has loads of nicknames for me; among them are Violet Rose, Emmy-Award, and Anne. I've also been called Eponine. ;-) My Grandma calls me Brown Eyes sometimes, and my Grandpa calls me Little Girl, which is my favorite.
10. You are all alone in your house and you hear a strange noise, what do you do next?
I will turn my music up even louder. ;-P I'll try not to panic. If I don't hear it again and nothing happens, I'll probably forget about it after awhile.
Sadie (my actual sister ;-))
And here are my ten questions!
#1 Do you like county fairs?
#2 Were you ever in some sort of club as a kid?
#3 What's one of the first movies you remember seeing?
#4 Which would you rather do: hop in your old pickup truck and go for an unexpected adventure, or sit on the back porch with a good novel on a warm summer evening?
#5 Do you enjoy live concerts?
#6 Which do you read more of: historical fiction or contemporary fiction?
#7 Do you like country music?
#8 If you could play any role in a musical, who would you chose?
#9 Do you ever put your feet up on the dashboard when riding in a car?
#10 Can you tell us a funny story of something that happened to you in the last week/month/ever?