Friday, June 5, 2015

Sisterhood Award



     Howdy, folks! Yup, it's me, your long-lost friend, the girl who keeps company with snails while reading on stones down at the creek. Did you all know that it's summer?! Isn't it wonderful? I can't get enough of being out in the sunshine! So if blogging is kind of scarce, you know why. ;-)

    Anyway! Becca and Bethany have nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! Isn't that groovy? (Behold the button above.) Thanks, ladies!

Rules: 

1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site. 

2. Put the Award logo on your blog. 

3. Answer the ten questions sent to you. 

4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer. 

5. Nominate ten blogs





1.  If you were stranded on an island with a box, what would you want to be in that box?

     Um....how big a box are we talking? It'd be great if I could have my laptop, but I doubt they have wifi on deserted islands. ;-P My notebook and pen, a water bottle, my Bible, my stuffed rabbit Elbert, some good books to read.


2. Do you like to go camping, and if so, where do you prefer to sleep? (ie. tent, camper, cabin, under the stars.)

     I've never been camping *for real*, actually. Sleeping under the stars would be dreamy and all, but I think I'd eventually end up going back in the cabin. ;-)


3. What's the craziest thing you've ever cooked/baked?

    Oh boy, ask my sister this question and you'd get a much more interesting answer! The extent of my cooking goes about as far as couscous, popcorn, and peanut butter cookies. I've never tried anything super crazy.


4. What's the last movie you saw in theaters?

     I've actually seen three movies in the theater so far this year -- which is rare for me, because I've probably seen about eight or nine in theaters in my life. The last movie I saw was Beyond the Mask in April. For an independently made film, it was pretty impressive.


5. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would you chose?

     Well, I already have a cat, so I'm going to say a horse. I've never ridden horses very much before, but I'd really like to. This summer I'm hopefully going to start riding lessons, which I'm SUPER excited about!


6. Favorite flavor to combine with chocolate? (ie. coffee, rspberry, coconut, carmel...)

     Probably peanut butter! "I thoroughly enjoy this peanut butter..."okay, I won't start. ;-P




7.  If you were zapped back in time, where would you hope to end up and what's one thing would you want with you? 

     The OLD WEST. I'd ride horses and chase outlaws and be swept off my feet by a rough-and-tumble cowboy. Hmm, what's one thing I'd want with me? My pen, Vivian, for sure. And a notebook. Then I could write down my adventures.


8. Do you sing along to the radio? 

     ALL the time. Yup. Especially if it's country. Something about country music just makes me want to wag my head and sing along, even if I don't know the words.





9. Do you have any nicknames? If so, what are they? 

   Heehee, I've got a few. Of course, my family often calls me "Em". (But only a few authorized people beyond that can call me Em. If you want to call me Em, you need special permission first.) ;-P My best friend has loads of nicknames for me; among them are Violet Rose, Emmy-Award, and Anne. I've also been called Eponine. ;-) My Grandma calls me Brown Eyes sometimes, and my Grandpa calls me Little Girl, which is my favorite.


10. You are all alone in your house and you hear a strange noise, what do you do next?

     I will turn my music up even louder. ;-P I'll try not to panic. If I don't hear it again and nothing happens, I'll probably forget about it after awhile.


   I nominate:

Naomi
Sadie (my actual sister ;-))
Kelly-Anne
Olivia
Michaela
Reyna Nicole
Joy
Natalie
Miss March
Hamlette

     And here are my ten questions!


#1 Do you like county fairs?
#2 Were you ever in some sort of club as a kid?
#3 What's one of the first movies you remember seeing?
#4 Which would you rather do: hop in your old pickup truck and go for an unexpected adventure, or sit on the back porch with a good novel on a warm summer evening?
#5 Do you enjoy live concerts?
#6 Which do you read more of: historical fiction or contemporary fiction?
#7 Do you like country music?
#8 If you could play any role in a musical, who would you chose?
#9 Do you ever put your feet up on the dashboard when riding in a car?
#10 Can you tell us a funny story of something that happened to you in the last week/month/ever?



    ~Emma

16 comments:

  1. YOU'RE GOING TO LEARN TO HORSERIDE?!!! How have you never told me?!!! I feel cheated. HAHAHAHA.

    Haha, I'd DEFINATELY go to the cabin. I bet you know my opinion of camping already. I mean, if you sleep on the grass, spiders might crawl on your face. And if you sleep with your mouth open.... EWWWWW.

    Me too, I haven't cooked many impressive things. :-D We both have a more talented younger sibling. I personally do not like peanut butter at all - I just can't stand the smell. It's just so peanut-butter-y. Ugh.

    HAHA, about the nicknames. 'Emmy-Award' is still the most original one, I think. :-D

    Thank you for tagging me. I shall complete it. :-)
    ~ Naomi <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES I'M GOING TO LEARN TO HORSE RIDE!!!! It's all kind of unofficial as of yet, so I didn't mention it before. Our neighbors have horses, and when my mom talked to them before they said June, so it looks like it's gonna happen! I'm super thrilled. ;-)

      Yeah, my thoughts exactly. ;-P

      Haha, I never thought much of peanut butter before, but then I watched Meet Joe Black...somehow that got me liking it. Strange, the way my little brain works. (Did I ever tell you that the 'blood' we made for my Eponine costume was made of peanut butter?)

      Oh yes, Emmy-Award is VERY original. ;-)

      You're welcome, doll. <3

      Delete
  2. Hello my dear Emma! What a sweet surprise to see I was nominated for this lovely award... A big, hearty thanks to you, sweet friend! I truly appreciate your thoughtfulness;)
    I loved your answers...aww! Horse riding is great...I have been a horse lover from the day I was born - seriously! I haven't ridden for year but hoping to start again this year!
    Thank you for your fun questions...I may not get to blog about them anytime soon, but I will see how things go!
    Hugs to you, dear Emma and enjoy your summer! I can just picture you at the creek...:)
    Much love!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Kelly-Anne! I'd be tickled if you answered my questions. ;-)

      I know, I'm so excited to begin horse riding!

      Aww, thanks so much. Yes, I certainly do spend a lot of time down at the creek...;-)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for tagging me!:D

    You're starting horse riding lessons?! That's so exciting!

    Okay, this post got me into a Western/country/adventure-y sort of mood:P

    You named your pen? That's awesome:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!

      Yes, I'm going to ride horses!!!!! I'm so excited. :-) Our neighbors have horses, and I've been trying to get a thing going, but the horse that I'd be taking lessons on has been having issues...it's a long story, but yeah, they told me June 9th, so it won't be long now!

      The arrival of summer ALWAYS gets me in a Western/country/adventure-y mood. Even more than usual. ;-P

      Haha. I named my favorite pen Vivian Lacy, after a character in the book Celia Garth. Not sure why I chose that name, but it seems to fit.

      Delete
  4. Oh my, you've seen Beyond the Mask?! I've wanted to see this movie SO BAD!!! And when it finally comes out in theater in Nebraska (where I live), I'll be out of town! So I will probably have to wait till it comes out on DVD. :(

    Oh, and about those horse riding lessons you were talking about...you are SO LUCKY (or blessed, rather)!!! Riding horses is the BEST!! You will love it, I'm sure!

    Haha, nicknames from grandparents are the best. My grandpa used to call me "Tweetie-pie" (as a cross between tweetie-bird and sweetie-pie?) :D

    Your writing style is so fun! I enjoyed this post a lot! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my family have friends who were involved in making BTM, so it was brought to theaters in our area on demand first. Now, I guess it's being released traditionally across the country. Aw, too bad you can't go see it! Well, I'm sure it'll eventually come out on dvd.

      Yes, I'm really excited to begin riding! Hopefully it works out. :-)

      Aw, thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :D

      Delete
  5. Thank you for tagging me, Emma!
    I hope I can fill out this tag sometime...unfortunately I have a TON on my to do list right now and a backed up list of blog posts that I hope to finish. Hope you won't mind if I end up not doing it--I hope to, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie,
      No problem; I know how that is! No, I won't be hurt. ;-P You're welcome!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for nominating me, Emma! This looks so fun, although it may be a week or so before I can do my own post. :) We've been helping out our friends with their goat birthing so I haven't had a ton of free time. I can't wait to answer your questions! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reyna, you're welcome! No hurry at all. Aww, baby goats sounds like so much fun. :-)

      Delete
  7. Love that photo of the dude on the truck that mimics the classic shot of James Dean on the set of Giant!

    Mmmm. Peanut Buttuh.

    Anyway, thanks for the tag! Gotta finish the Disney tag I'm working on right now, and then I'll answer this one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love it too. The windmill (or whatever ya call that) in the background is perfect. ;-)

      You're welcome! I look forward to your answers!

      Delete
  8. It was fun reading your answers! I'm a little jealous you got to see Beyond the Mask in theaters! I really want to see it, but no theaters near me have had it. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beyond the Mask was pretty good, but not REALLY good. Some friends of ours were involved in making it, so our city was one of the first it was brought to. Pretty exciting!

      Delete

I'd love it if you'd drop me a line or two! I always enjoy receiving comments from readers and friends. I ask that you please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please don't write anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to read. Also, if you are commenting under anonymous, please do leave your name (or some sort of moniker so that you aren't totally nameless). Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...