Saturday, June 6, 2015

Quotes Game // Answers



   Y'all been waitin' for these! ;-)


#1

Danielle: "Say it again."
Prince Henry: "I'm sorry."
Danielle: "No, the part where you said my name."


Answer: Ever After


#2

Doc Holliday: "I disapprove of his very existence. I even considered ending it myself on more than one occasion, but self-control got the better of me."


Answer: Wyatt Earp (1994)


#3

 "Am I the only one who's embarrassed?"

Don't be embarrassed, Tom.

Answer: Tom Branson in Downton Abbey (season 5)


#4

Algernon Moncrieff: "At present, I am eating muffins because I am unhappy. Besides, I'm particularly fond of muffins."


Answer: The Importance of Being Earnest (2000)


#5

John Davinier: "Yes, I love her! I love her with every breath I breathe!"


Answer: Belle (2014)


#6

Count Olaf: "Beef, yes. Roast beef. It's the Swedish term for beef that is ROASTED."


Answer: A Series of Unfortunate Events (2004)

(This movie is positively hilarious, by the way. If you haven't seen it, you might need to.)



#7

William Buxton: "What is that, sir?"
Captain Brown: "I very much fear it is a radish, carved by my spouse into an ornamental form."


Answer: Return to Cranford


#8

Joe Black: "I wouldn't want you to examine me."
Susan Parrish: "Why not?"
Joe Black: "Because I like you so much."
Susan: "I wouldn't want to examine you either."
Joe Black: "Why not?"
Susan: "Because I like you so much."

I think you all better know how long I've been WAITING to use this gif. THAT LITTLE SMILE.
Anser: Meet Joe Black (1998)



#9

"You're the reason why I get up in the morning! You're the reason why Mary Kay is having such a good year! You're the reason why I don't look like some blob from a horror movie!"


Answer: Evelyn Couch in Fried Green Tomatoes (1991)



#10

Mr. Wezy: "That was some mighty fine a-pickin' and a-singin', boys! I tell you what, you all come in here, sign these here papers, and I'm gonna give you -- ten dollars apiece!"


Answer: O Brother, Where Art Thou (2000)


#11

Big Dave McDermot: "Do I know you?"
Mr. Cox: "No, but I'm gonna know you!"


Answer: The Stars Fell on Henrietta (1995)


#12

Sir Richard Carlisle: "The chauffeur's gone, I could always drive the car."
Lady Mary: "Preferably over the chauffeur."


Answer: Downton Abbey (season 2)



#13

Gus McCrae:"Only chance at an education that boy's got is listenin' to me talk."
Woodrow Call: "What kind of education is that?"


Answer: Lonesome Dove (1989)


#14

"I think, that if you have a bad taste in your mouth you spit it out -- don't keep constantly swallowing it back."


Answer: Barbara Spooner in Amazing Grace (2006)


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Players' Scores

Sadie ~ 25 points (I can't help it! She knows my brain!)
Olivia ~ 12 points
Peter ~ 10 points
Miss Laurie ~ 10 points
Hanne-col ~ 7 points
Morg ~ 7 points
Miss Meg March ~ 6 points
Kelly-Anne ~ 5 points
Naomi ~ 5 points
Emma ~ 3 points
Elisabeth Grace Foley ~ 2 points


Thank you all so much for playing! It really tickles me when so many people play my games. :-)

10 comments:

  1. Well, at least I wasn't at the bottom. THAT's a consolation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma,
    I really want to see The Importance of Being Earnest! I saw the entirety of that muffin conversation written out somewhere (it might very well of been your blog, I know not) and just reading it made me go off in giggles. :) Do you know of any things about the movie that are just too weird?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Importance of Being Earnest isn't that great, but it is very funny (especially the muffin part!) ;-) Colin Firth and Rupert Everett are hilarious together. It's been a few years since I saw it...there isn't anything too weird (as in, inappropriate), it's mostly just silly.

      Delete
  3. Oh, haha, so John Chivery did NOT say it. :-P Well, it could have passed. ;-)
    Hehe, boy am I lucky I got the Lonesome Dove one. I suppose it's half cheating - but it really did sound like what I imagined it to be. ;-)
    Just a little point out, I think I got 5 points, not 6, because I didn't guess Lonesome Dove's character. No matter though. :-)
    Aww, your welcome! I love your games (especially quotes)!
    ~Miss Meg March

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, whoops! I always was bad at math. Well, I'm not going to change it now. ;-P

      Yup, you got Lonesome Dove. When you watch it, I'd love to hear your thoughts! ;-)

      Delete
    2. I'm not that good at maths either. ;-)
      Thank you! Actually, I may not be able to see it for awhile (although I'll be sure to keep my eyes open for it!) but I'll tell you my thoughts once I see it. :-) As it is, I shall (hopefully) be seeing True Grit very soon! :-D We had a Bookfest on this weekend, which is a HUGE second hand book sale (I found out today it is largest second hand book sale in the world!) which comes on twice a year. My sisters bought the old True Grit with John Wayne, so we now own it (and have yet to watch it) and I am able to get my hands on the new copy (2010, I think it was?) so I'm hoping to see that sometime too. :-)
      ~Miss Meg March

      Delete
    3. That book sale sounds SO awesome. ;-) Oooh, yay! I haven't seen the old True Grit, but I loooooove the new one. I hope you like it!

      Delete
  4. That was a fun game! I haven't seen a lot of these so I don't feel too bad about not knowing them. Now I know why #6 sounded so familiar! I have seen that and I can hear Count Olaf saying it now. The Meet Joe Black quote was familiar too but I've only seen part of that film a long time ago. Thanks for the game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Miss Laurie! Thanks for playing. :-)

      Delete

I'd love it if you'd drop me a line or two! I always enjoy receiving comments from readers and friends. I ask that you please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please don't write anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to read. Also, if you are commenting under anonymous, please do leave your name (or some sort of moniker so that you aren't totally nameless). Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...