Monday, February 9, 2015

Think Happy Thoughts


"I have a garden of my own,
 But so with roses overgrown,
And lilies, that you might it guess
To be a little wilderness."
~Andrew Maxwell

     I know it's only February, but I can't help dreaming and looking forward to spring. Green grass, blue skies, gentle breezes, flowers, birds singing their songs to one another....it sounds like heaven to me right now. :-) But, first I have to trudge through another few months of winter. I feel the tingling, thrilling, discontent of anticipating something to come. Many things, actually. I have a wild anticipation for the next season of my life. It's an exhilarating feeling.


~ In just a few months, I'll be learning how to drive! (My mother says I must wait until spring. Okay. ;-P) One of my dreams is to drive a car all by myself on a sunny day, with all the windows rolled down, wearing a straw hat and sunglasses and listening to Broadway music. Yup. 

~ Also in just a few months or even less, I might {will} finish my novel! Now THAT is a staggering thought. It'll be the biggest, best accomplishment of my life so far. I'm so wildly excited. Don't you love when things finally come together and you can just feel it and it makes you so crazy and happy? I love my book. I love my characters. It's the best thing that's ever come out of me.


~ I'm going to finish GONE WITH THE WIND soon. I'm going to finish it if it kills me, which may very well happen. Cross your fingers.

~ In March, I'm going to see Celtic Woman in concert!!!!!! I can only imagine what a thrill it will be to see some of my favorite musicians LIVE AND IN PERSON. I'm going to have to keep asking Sadie to pinch me. Or shake me up. "Shake me up, Judy!"

~ In another month or so, the snow will melt! Hurrah! I'm going to go out and splash in the mud when it does. :-)

~ Seriously, when spring comes, I want to spend almost all my waking hours in the out of doors. I want to walk outside, read outside, write outside, live outside. I might even sleep outside. The arrival of spring each year makes me feel so giddy, like I could do anything. I can't, of course, but I can do my best. ;-P

~ So many wonderful books to read! Evenings spent with a bowl of popcorn, a cozy kitty and a good book-- what more can a girl ask for?!

~ I am blessed with so many amazing friends. Whenever I'm low on inspiration, or just plain blue, I can always rely on someone to make me smile. :-) There's something really special about friends through correspondence. Girls, y'all are the best.

~ I painted my nails blue the other night for no apparent reason. I still don't know why I did it. Sorry, that was really random.


~ I keep falling in love with fictional characters. Is this normal?

~ I love being sixteen! :-)

~ You know, sometimes I think: in ten years, I could be married. It's a strange and beautiful thought. I think I'm an overly romantic person sometimes. It's just who I am. :-)

~ Speaking of being overly romantic...it's been over a week since I watched a certain movie, and I just cannot get over it. I'm afraid I'm wildly obsessed. ;-P I've practically worn out the soundtrack listening to it over and over. It's bad, people. I have serious emotional problems concerning this movie. 

~ I love blogging! It's one of the best ideas I ever had to get this blog started, and I want to keep doing it for a good long time. You all are so dear to me, and it's such a blessed relief to be able to share my thoughts and fancies with you! I'm obnoxious sometimes, I know, and I tend to gush-- thank you for putting up with me anyway. What's even more awesome is that I've met people who are actually as crazy about things as I am! You all are the best!

~ I'm learning to take delight in life's little blessings-- the ones you don't always notice if you don't pay attention. I get really distracted sometimes. Sometimes I get tired of being so passionate about things. Sometimes I get bored with my life and wish I were somewhere else, doing something else, even when I can't do anything about it. My desires seem so strong, but very often they're not the most important thing. The Lord is constantly revealing things to me in His mysterious and wonderful ways, and for that I'm ever so thankful. 

   Have a lovely evening, friends! Think happy thoughts. :-)

5 comments:

  1. If falling in love with fictional characters is abnormal, I Do Not Want to be normal. It's one of my chief delights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emma!
    Thanks so much for this post dear! I really needed it, school has been super stressfull and all my friends are stressed so it's not been the most fun of times.

    You are so encouraging in your posts. Very advanced and a wiseness beyound your years (You adn Naomi both and many bloggers too share that trait)

    Have a lovely day!

    ~Evie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hamlette,
    Oh, I don't either. :-)

    Evie,
    Awww, I'm so glad! I hope things aren't too stressful with your school. I'll keep you in my prayers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Evie, this post was wonderful and refreshing to read- It popped up when I was just having an extra hard schoolday. :-) Thank you dear, you're amazing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to spring too!! I am loving my first "real" winter, but I can't wait for fresh air and green plants and....sigh...it sounds so lovely.
    Ooh, driving! How wonderful! I am in the process of collecting hours for driving. As soon as I finish I can take segment 2 and get my "real" license! :)

    Wow!! Congrats on your almost-finished novel! That's SUCH an exciting though! Will you be publishing it?

    Yes, don't worry, it's totally normal to fall in love with fictional characters. haha
    And isn't the whole 10-years-I-might-be-married thing so weird yet exciting? Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks about that. :)

    This was a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love it if you'd drop me a line or two! I always enjoy receiving comments from readers and friends. I ask that you please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please don't write anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to read. Also, if you are commenting under anonymous, please do leave your name (or some sort of moniker so that you aren't totally nameless). Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...