Tuesday, December 2, 2014

I am....


I am: happy, excited, full of ideas, impatient
I know: God is able to do exceedingly above all that I can imagine
I want: to write, love, laugh, sing, create beauty with words
I have: two amazing parents, two wonderful sisters, and the best friends a person could ask for
I wish: I wasn't so impatient, that I could communicate better with people
I hate: when I get discouraged, when I don't give the Lord everything I should
I miss: being a little girl, playing Eponine :-(
I fear: the foreign and unknown, sometimes the future
I feel: about to burst with emotion
I hear: music, laughter, the sounds of nature singing
I smell: winter in the air
I crave: stories, solitude, inspiration
I search: for inspiration, for purpose, for Archie
I wonder: where I'll be in five years
I regret: trying to grow up before my time
I love: beautiful words, old movies, being alone in the woods
I ache: to meet my best friend in person, to write the novel I've always imagined
I care: about so many things it sometimes makes my mind whirl
I always: think about my stories and my characters
I am not: a social butterfly
I believe: that God knows exactly what He's doing all the time
I dance: because it makes me happy
I sing: non-stop all day, every day (when I'm not humming or laughing or writing, that is)
I cry: when I think of happy memories, and when I watch Meet Me In St. Louis (even more each time-- by now I just cry through the whole thing)
I don't always: let my feelings show
I fight: my conscience sometimes, common culture
I write: everything. Life is a story.
I never: want to stop doing what I love
I listen: to my soundtracks, to the characters inside my head tumbling over one another on their way into my stories
I need: my Savior
I can usually be found: sitting on my desk or romping around outside
I win: bets with my sisters and cousin
I lose: just as much as I win
I confuse: people. And they confuse me.
I surprise: myself all the time
I imagine: meeting people someday, finding Archie, what the Lord's plan might be for me, all the wonderful, amazing things that could happen.

3 comments:

  1. Moley-My, Emma, I loved this post. I wanted to comment sooner, but you know, had to work or just happened to forget. :-) Here I am now, anyway!

    I am: happy, excited, full of ideas, impatient

    Full of Ideas. ME SO TOO.

    I know: God is able to do exceedingly above all that I can imagine

    HE SO IS.

    I wish: I wasn't so impatient, that I could communicate better with people

    Haha, you communicate well enough with me. :-) I don't think you're impatient either. Talking about patience, I'm sorry I haven't emailed you yet. I hope to do it on Sunday.

    I miss: being a little girl, playing Eponine :-(

    Awwww. My poor girl, don't be upset. I still call you Eponine. :-)

    I search: for inspiration, for purpose, for Archie

    Really? Heehee, you *search* for him? And you're fifteen? No, I know what you mean. :-)

    I wonder: where I'll be in five years

    You'll be able to tell yourself when you open your letter. :-) Actually, I don't think much will change to me. I can't imagine loads changing. :-)

    I ache: to meet my best friend in person, to write the novel I've always imagined

    YES. YES. YES. YES. I ache to do those two things SO much. :-) The first one, especially. :D

    I cry: when I think of happy memories, and when I watch Meet Me In St. Louis (even more each time-- by now I just cry through the whole thing)

    I really want to see MmiSL. Badly.
    Is it really that sad? :(

    I write: everything. Life is a story.

    I know. Life is just SO bookish. Life is weirder than fiction.

    I can usually be found: sitting on my desk or romping around outside

    YEAH. YEAH.

    Anyways, lovely post!
    And oh Emma, guess what I'm listening to now? I've downloaded loads of Celtic Women Christmas music on my MP3player and I'm seriously a new fan. Thanks for introducing me to those angely voices, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naomi,
    Thanks for your sweet comment. :-) This was kind of just a random thoughtful post I wrote on impulse, because I just felt like it. Sometimes you just have to DO things. ;-P

    Well, OF COURSE I can communicate with you. You're my bestie. :-) I meat, you know...talking. Writing is so much easier sometimes. But then, sometimes I yearn to just talk, ad have someone (like you) to talk to. I was thinking about that just the other day, how much I wanted to just TALK to you. *sigh* It'll happen.

    And I'm not really outwardly impatient. Inside, though, I'm impatient. Sometimes. ;-P

    Haha. I'm glad you understand. I just can't HELP looking for Archie. Thank you for reminding me that I'm only fifteen.

    Meet Me In St. Louis isn't really sad at all-- I cry just because it's so beautiful, and nostalgic, and I love it so much. I really don't cry when I'm sad, only when I'm so happy my heart just can't hold it all in. I know, weird. But yes, you must watch it! We just watched it again recently (probably for the fiftieth time or something crazy like that). It's a perfect movie to watch around Christmas time. :-)

    Squeeeeee, I've been listening to Celtic Woman Christmas too!!! We have one of their Christmas CDs and I listen to it all the time. :-) (I can't believe I'm actually going to SEE THEM LIVE in three months. GAAHHHH.)

    I'm looking forward to your email! But don't rush. I'm very patient, remember? ;-P Haha.

    ~Em



    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have that too sometimes, that I just HAVE to write a post, even though I'm a little, 'Oh, will my readers be interested?' You know. :-)

    Yes, I see what you mean with communicating. I KNOW I WANT TO TALK TO YOU SO BAD. Actually, sometimes I just pretend you're next to me and I just, kind of, whisper things to myself that I would say if you were there. I know. I'm weird, haha. :-P

    I am a VERY impatient being. My siblings suffer so much. :-) I guess that's because I'm such a fast person.

    Yes, I understand completely about Meet me in St Louis. I'd LOVE to watch it but I can't because 1) It's FAR to expensive on Amazon 2) not on Youtube and 3) no-one I know owns a copy. I have to wait till I visit you, I suppose. *sad sigh*

    Yes, now I'm starting to LOVE Celtic Women I'm officially jealous that you're going to ONE OF THEIR CONCERTS. Wow! I was thinking about that today, as I listened to the music. What's your favourite of their Christmas songs? I LOVE Ding Dong Merrily on High and O Silent Night (now, that song is so achingly beautiful it makes me cry) and my very favourite is the one that goes 'Christmas is near, bringing good cheer, to young and old'- but I forgot the title. (That always happens to me, right? Heehee.)

    Alright, I won't rush. :-)

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete

I'd love it if you'd drop me a line or two! I always enjoy receiving comments from readers and friends. I ask that you please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please don't write anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to read. Also, if you are commenting under anonymous, please do leave your name (or some sort of moniker so that you aren't totally nameless). Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...