Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmastime is here!


   

     It's almost Christmas, guys! Wow. It seriously seems like it was just the first of December, and now I'm wondering where all that time went. Only six days till Christmas!

 Wait....SIX DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS.

   So for the past week I've been experiencing that nagging feeling of "you need to post something", partly because I haven't been writing much here lately, but mostly because....well, it's Christmas, and I just couldn't let the season go by without sharing some of the delights of the season with all of you, my dear bloggy friends. :-)

   So. How should I write about all that this month has contained, all the excitement, the busyness, the laughter, and not to mention all the good movies? Well, this is when I turn to the trusty and oft-used method of....little letters! Hurray for randomness! :-)

 Hey, I just looked back at my archives from last year and realized that I wrote a December letters post on one year ago tomorrow. Isn't that a coincidence?



  Dear December.
    It would be really nice if you could be just a tad bit longer than all the other months in the year-- you know, so everything wouldn't have to be so crammed together. Then we would have more time to get everything done for Christmas, and not fall behind on everything else. Don't you see?

  Dear Snow,
    I wish you wouldn't be so fickle! Here one day, gone the next. Do make up your mind to stay this time, please. We must have snow for Christmas!


  Dear Walk the Line,
     Boy, you really know how to put a person through a lot in just two hours. Talk about feels. Oh, the agony and the ecstasy! I'll talk to you later. ;-P

 Dear Oliver,
    I always knew you were highly superior to every other cat. You can be an almighty nuisance sometimes, but goodness knows life would be far less entertaining without you. Although I do ask that you try to steer clear of my pillowcase, which can only handle so much. I love you, sweetheart.


 Dear It's a Wonderful Life,
   OHHHHHHH.

  Excuse me a moment. *Emma blows her nose*

 What can I say? You had me from the very opening credits. And then when Jimmy Stewart came on screen, well, forget everything else. You were amazing. I should have known there must be a reason why you're such a classic. *blows kisses*

 Dear US Postal Service,
   You guys really are awesome, and I can't thank you enough for all you do!



 Dear The Man From Snowy River,
   *insert fangirling noise* You know, sometimes it takes two times around for me to realize how awesome a movie is. (Oh yeah, and it helps if you watch the whole thing.) You're a quirky, simple movie, but you definitely have a certain charm and I couldn't help but freak out a little at the end when Clancy says, "He's not a lad, he's a man. The man from snowy river." Gaaahhhhhh.

 Dear Celtic Woman,
   You girls are just so lovely. I absolutely love your Christmas songs, and I never get tired of listening to your angelic voices. AND YOUR DRESSES. Oh my stars, your dresses are gorgeous to the point of distraction.


  Dear Joshua Bell,
    Alright, we won't pretend we don't all know classical violin isn't my favorite. But seriously....you're amazing. Really. You should have seen me the other day while washing dishes and listening to your Christmas CD. Scary. You would have been flattered by such violent reactions, let me tell you.

 Dear exciting Christmas packages,
   Eeeek! What is more exciting than getting things in the mail?! Especially Christmas presents from bestie dearest, far away across the ocean....:-)

 Dear vlog that I just made yesterday,
   Please convert thyself to a smaller file so I can upload you to blogger and make life easier for all of us. Thank you.

 Dear Christmas tree,
   Now that you're in the house, it really feels like Christmas is just around the corner! Yikes, I'm so excited. :-) You're a fine tree, if I do say so myself, and you'll look even finer once we've got you all decorated tonight.


  Dear mountainous stack of books to be read,
     I'll get to you, I promise. All in good time. Wait until after Christmas, then it'll get real.

  Dear God,
    You continue to surprise me. :-) I can't thank you enough for being....well, just for being who You are. I can't put it any better than that. (And here I thought I was a wordsmith. ;-P) You're 100% reliable, and with You the creativity never runs low. Help me to keep focused on You and be especially mindful of what You did, the real reason why we celebrate this time of year.

  Dear Tasha Tudor,
     Sometimes I really wish you were still alive. We'd be such good friends, I know it. Thanks so much for writing such darling children's books! I am forever indebted to you.


 Dear Pinterest,
    You need to stop. Er, I mean, I need to stop.

 Dear characters tumbling around in Emma's head,
   You needn't be so rowdy in there. Honestly, how's a person supposed to think when you're all talking at once? One at a time, please, and don't worry, I'll get to you all. Just be patient.

 Dear sudden wild inspirations,
  You're the best. There's something about having a sudden idea, the kind of idea you never expected, that makes a person feel new and fresh and rejuvenated, ready to give whatever it is their all. Sometimes the wildest inspirations are the best. For instance, who'd have thought Emma would ever write a contemporary work of fiction? I certainly never would have!

 Dear people who I admire and respect,
   You know, I really don't think you have any idea how far your influence reaches sometimes, or how much I look up to you. The fact that I'm who I am today is largely owing to several people who don't even know I exist. So thanks. You do far more than you know.



 Dear Charlie Brown Christmas album,
    Nothings sounds more like Christmas than you do. :-) Golly, we must play you about 25 times every year. You'll always be a very special part of Christmas for me.

 Dear Amazon.com,
   You're pretty awesome. Especially since you make it possible for me to do all my Christmas shopping without setting foot outside my house, which is nice. :-)

 Dear Bing Crosby,
    *happy sigh* I seriously could listen to your voice all day. You're such a classy gentleman, and you always make me smile.


    Awwwww. I love this scene. :-)

  Dear people who read this blog,
    You are such a huge blessing in my life. I'm so lucky to have met so many wonderful girls in the past two years that I probably never would have come across any other way, who I've come to think of not so much as just blogging buddies but really, truly, honest-to-goodness friends. I feel so close to you all, even those of you who I maybe don't know at all, because I feel like this is a place where I can be honest and real and just be me. Thank you all so much for being the dears you are. I hope your Christmas season is very merry and bright! "God bless us, every one!"

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely post, Emma! Yes! Bing Crosby is fantastic, Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without his carols. (-: And as for Amazon.com, well, let's just say I rely on it a ton for Christmas presents. I live in a small town, and I have a hard time finding gifts here! Aww, your letter to all of us followers was so sweet. I really appreciate your blog, I'm so glad I found it, and I hope we'll get to be friends. (-:
    Merry Christmas!
    ~Lizzy

    ReplyDelete

I'd love it if you'd drop me a line or two! I always enjoy receiving comments from readers and friends. I ask that you please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please don't write anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to read. Also, if you are commenting under anonymous, please do leave your name (or some sort of moniker so that you aren't totally nameless). Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...