|Random picture of the long riders looking awesome as always.|
Well, hello my dears! Today I'm just going to have a bit of fun with this swell literary tag I found on both Ally's and Naomi's blogs. It looks like SO much fun and I finally have a chance to fill it out. :-)
(By the way, opening night for Les Mis went fabulously last night!!!!)
And today is also Matthew Rhys's 40th birthday, in case anyone cares. ;-P Haha. Anyway, here we go!
"List twelve characters from any fandom/literary source, and then answer the following questions." Make SURE that you list the characters BEFORE reading the questions!!!
1. Mattie Ross (from True Grit)
2. Lord Anthony Dewhurst (from The Scarlet Pimpernel)
3. Atticus Finch (from To Kill a Mockingbird)
4. Enjolras (from Les Miserables)
5. James Bond (from the James Bond series)
6. Scarlett O'Hara (from GONE WITH THE WIND)
7. Archie Kennedy (from Horatio Hornblower)
8. Jake Spoon (from Lonesome Dove)
9. John-boy Walton (from the Waltons)
10. Tom Branson (from Downton Abbey)
11. JeanValjean (from Les Miserables)
12. Margaret Schlegel (from Howards End)
1. Who would make a better college prof, 6 or 11? (Scarlett O'Hara or Jean Valjean) Oh my goodness. DEFINITELY Valjean. Can you imagine what Scarlett would be like as a teacher? Valjean, on the other hand, would be kind and patient and teach the class important life lessons, like why you shouldn't steal a loaf of bread.
2. Do you think that 2 would win the “Cutest Guy of 2014"? (Lord Tony) Oh my, yes! At least, the one in the 1982 movie, which is of course the ONLY TSP so in that case of course he would. :-)
3. 12 sends 8 out on a mission. What is it? Does it succeed? (Margaret Schlegel and Jake Spoon) Okay, just the thought of Margaret even talking to Jake Spoon is absolutely ludicrous. She would think he was positively disgraceful. Hmmmm. Margaret would want him to get some sort of gainful employment, of course, she'd probably send him off to a job interview somewhere. Knowing Jake, he'd probably make a bad impression and not end up getting the job, so no, chances are it wouldn't be successful.
4. What is or would be 9's favorite book? (John-boy Walton) Oh, this is a good one! I wish I knew what his favorite book was, but I don't. I'm sure he has one. Probably something by Ernest Hemingway or someone like that.
5. Would it make more sense for 2 to swear fealty to 6, or the other way around? (Lord Tony and Scarlett O'Hara) Ummmm. Well, I'm not even sure what this means, but I'd say it's more likely for Tony to swear something to Scarlett, because Scarlett doesn't usually take anything very seriously unless it's about her.
6. For some reason, 5 is looking for a roommate. Should (s)he share a studio apartment with 9 or 10? (James Bond, John-boy and Branson) JAMES BOND IS LOOKING FOR A ROOMMATE. Hahahaha. Since there are no girls in the picture, that puts a damper on the situation. ;-P That wasn't nice. Well, something tells me Branson and James wouldn't get along too well, so I think we'll have to go with John-boy. Because everyone likes John-boy. EVERYONE. *winks at Naomi*
7. 2, 7, and 12 have dinner together. Where do they go, and what do they discuss? (Lord Tony, Archie Kennedy, and Margaret Schlegel) May I say what a delightful party this would be? Tony and Archie would hit it off from the start, of course, and they would have lots to talk about with Margaret because she's very smart and not shy at all. They would probably go to a cozy little tavern and talk about...well, politics, I guess.
8. 3 challenges 10 to a duel. What happens? (Atticus Finch and Branson) Wow. This might require extensive thought. What would Atticus have against Branson? The only thing I can come up with is that perhaps Atticus misunderstood Branson in some way (can you imagine that happening????) and challenges him to a duel, but then he realizes he was wrong and humbly apologizes for his mistake. I wish to preserve Branson's already jeopardized reputation as much as I can. ;-P
9. If 1 stole 8's most precious possession, how would she/he get it back? (Mattie Ross and Jake Spoon) Mattie Ross stealing something? Perish the thought! Well, it is Jake, so maybe she took something of his like bottle of whiskey or something else she knew he shouldn't have and he got mad about that. He probably would be too lazy to try and get it back and just go find himself another one. Mattie would have something very profound to say about the whole situation, you can bet.
10. Suggest a title for a story in which 7 and 12 both attain what they most desire? (Archie and Margaret Schlegel) These two are getting paired together again. :-) What does Archie want? I think he just wants to do his best and help the people around him. Margaret wants peace in her family, so I guess in a way she also wants the best for the people around her. *in Pooh's voice* "Think think think." How about Hope Springs Eternal? It sounds pretty, at least.
11. What kind of plot device would you use if you wanted 4 and 1 to work together? (Mattie Ross and Enjolras) Haha. I think Mattie would really like Enjolras. WHO WOULDN'T. That is, she might think he was a bit extreme (hello, he kind of is), but they both stand for what they think is right and so they do have quite a bit of common ground. They would probably go on some sort of manhunt together to track down injustice. Enjolras would really like Mattie too, come to think of it. Might they even....fall in love??? Oh my goodness! I never would have thought to pair those two together before, but it really might work. :-)
12. If 7 visited you for the weekend, how would you get along? (Archie Kenndy) ARCHIE IS VISITING ME??? What heights of joy at the prospect! Oh! How would we get along? Just wonderfully. We would have all sorts of interesting conversations, go on long walks, and before the weekend was over he would ask me to marry him. :-)
13. If you could command 3 to perform any one task or service for you, what would it be? (Atticus Finch) Gosh. There's so much I could learn from Atticus Finch. Maybe I would ask him to teach me the law. Or he could just talk to me and I would just listen, which in itself would be wonderful.
14. Does anyone on your friends list write or draw 11? (Jean Valjean) Ummm, I'm not really sure what this means. If it means would I want Valjean to be my friend, then the answer is a resounding YES OF COURSE I WOULD. I don't really think that's what it means, though. ;-P
15. If 2 had to choose sides between 4 and 5, which would it be? (Lord Tony, Enjolras, and James Bond) Lord Tony would totally side with Enjolras. Wait, how would that work? ;-P
16. What might 10 shout while charging into battle? (Tom Branson) Oh, this is perfect. He'd probably shout something like, "Freedom for the masses!"
17. If you chose a song to represent 8, which song would you choose? (Jake Spoon) A song to represent Jake Spoon? Humph. "Poor Lonesome Cowboy", maybe? Or perhaps "The Cowboy's Lament". There are endless possibilities, really.
18. 1, 6, and 12 are having dim sum at a Chinese restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets to eat it? (Mattie Ross, Scarlett O'Hara, and Margaret Schlegel) Margaret would be very polite and say someone else could have it, Mattie Ross might say it was trash anyway, and Scarlett would probably throw a fit and ultimately end up eating it.
19. What might be a good pick-up line for 2 to use on 10? (Lord Tony and Tom Branson) Tony would be nice to Branson, because Tony is nice to everyone. Of course, they might not have much in common, since everything seems to go well for Tony and Branson's life is like a series of unfortunate events. Tony would probably say something like, "Cheer up, old boy, it's not as bad as that. Why don't I talk to my boss about getting you a job with the league?" Ohmygoodness what if Branson was in the league of the Scarlet Pimpernel. THAT WOULD BE TO MUCH.
20. What would 5 most likely be arrested for? (James Bond) Haha, James Bond gets arrested every five minutes. It's usually because he knows information about some huge undercover conspiracy that the bad guys don't want him to tell.
21. What is 6's secret? (Scarlett O'Hara) She's afraid. Afraid of being poor, afraid of being unloved and not getting the attention she wants. Of course, it's no secret to Rhett because he can see right through her like a lace curtain.
22. If 11 and 9 were racing to a destination, who would get there first? (Jean Valjean and John-boy) Valjean is strong and all, but John-boy is younger and quicker and he would totally get there first. Wow, I would hardly know which one to cheer for!
23. If you had to walk home through a bad neighborhood late at night, would you feel safer in the company of 7 or 8? (Archie Kennedy and Jake Spoon) DUH. Archie all the way! I would feel safe just about anywhere if Archie were with me.
24. 1 and 9 reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4's sinister secret organization. 11 volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that s/he is actually a spy for 4. Meanwhile, 4 has kidnapped 12 in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5, they seek out 3, who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fic?
Okay. Mattie Ross and John-boy Walton reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by Enjolras's sinister secret organization. Jean Valjean volunteers to help them ("I come here as a volunteer!"), but it is later discovered that he is actually a spy for Enjolras. Meanwhile, Enjolras has kidnapped Margaret Schlegel in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of James Bond, they seek out Atticus Finch, who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fic?
VALJEAN IS A SPY FOR ENJOLRAS. This is too good, people. And no, I didn't plan it that way. I would call this This Is What Happens When You Get Caught Up In The Wrong Story. Not very clever, I know, but it works. Because this is just crazy. :-)
That was super fun! Try it!