Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Give Thanks


    I'm thankful for:
 
~God's provision for my family
~my wonderful, crazy, talented, beautiful family
~dear friends, old and new
~ music that thrills me to my very fingertips
~stacks of good books waiting to be read :-)
~the Lord's timing
~exciting opportunities
~the knowing that God's plan is perfect beyond anything I could imagine or plan for myself
~modern conveniences (hey, I'm just being honest ;-P)
~cars
~clothes to wear
~blogging-- it's been such an amazing part of my life for almost two years now.
~pens and paper
~stories
~my sweet kitty Oliver
~my home-- the cozy, quirky little house where I've lived all my life
~the gift of singing
~wonderful memories
~laughter
~old movies
~love
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
    It's Thanksgiving time again, and as always, there's so much to be thankful for. Right now we're all getting ready at my house-- there's a turkey roasting in the oven, and soon my sister is going to make a pumpkin pie. The smells of the season are everywhere, and it's delightful. :-) Tomorrow we go to my aunt and uncle's house, which is a staunch tradition. *cue Fiddler on the Roof music* It's so fun to see cousins and aunts and uncles and all laugh and be merry together. :-)
  This is one of my favorite times of the year, when we get together with family to celebrate. My family is really the greatest blessing in my life, and one of the biggest things I'm thankful for this year. Life isn't always great, even if I make it seem that way. My family has seen some hardships over the course of this year, and it hasn't been exactly a smooth ride all the way. But God has brought us through together thus far, and I'm so thankful for that. :-) I hope you all have a wonderful holiday with your friends and family!
 
 
Happy Thanksgiving!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love it if you'd drop me a line or two! I always enjoy receiving comments from readers and friends. I ask that you please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please don't write anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to read. Also, if you are commenting under anonymous, please do leave your name (or some sort of moniker so that you aren't totally nameless). Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...