Saturday, October 25, 2014

A Novel Destination


    I love books dearly, so naturally I love bookstores. I love being surrounded by so many books, having the freedom to browse them for hours, and the excitement that comes when you find exactly what you were hoping to, or a book that you've been looking for for a while and didn't think you'd ever find, or just something that strikes your fancy. I just love communing with the books.

   Yesterday my mom and my cousin and I finally visited a little used book store in town which I've been wanting to go to for some time now. It was absolutely darling!



    It's just a very small little nook, in the back of a barbershop, and such a cute little shop. And so many books to be found! Oh my goodness, I was in ecstasy. :-)


   There were three rather small rooms, but they were absolutely filled from floor to ceiling with books of all kinds. There was a large shelf of Christian fiction, which I was pleased to find, and even more pleased was I when I saw my two favorite Ann Tatlock books on the shelf!!! And in top condition too! Promises to Keep and A Room of My Own are now a part of my own collection and reside on my humble bookcase. :-)


I love the back of this book-- even more than the front, actually. ;-P
   Among the other books which caught my interest were these two by Kathleen Y'Barbo:



     Yes, they look a little cheesy, I know, but when I looked at the back and saw the words "Pinkerton" and "Doc Holliday" I just couldn't help myself. :-) They look like fun little stories, and I'm very excited to read them (once I finish the other three books I'm currently reading at the moment.....). I plan on reviewing them on my book blog..

  The bookstore was delightful, and the lady who owns it was very sweet and very helpful. (The prices were also extremely reasonable, which was great of course!) I would love to go back there again and again. The lady told us that there's usually a cat there, but she was out that day so unfortunately we missed seeing her. :-( It was such a cute, cozy atmosphere. I can see myself owning a little used bookstore like that someday, being surrounded by books and my cats and listening to show tunes all day. In fact, when we left my mom said, "Emma.....that could be you in 30 years!" And I was like, yep, that'll be me. And you, my friends, would all come and visit me and we'd have apple cider and peanut butter cookies and talk about all sorts of lovely things. :-)


~Emma Jane
  

3 comments:

  1. Oooooh! That sounds like the most DAHLING place in the WORLD! That's the nice thing about America - it always has those nice Christian Fiction novels in second hand places and libraries. I once went to a small book shop and there were only boring books (or books with boring covers, anyway :-).

    When you own one I'll be stranded in it. I PROMISE.

    See you in 30 years! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't bookstores the best?! And what an adorable little place. (-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bookstores are the best, and used bookstores eat up a lot of my money. On Saturday, my hubby treated me to a "guilt-free" and child-free trip to the big used bookstore across town, and I sold them a few books and bought rather more than I sold...

    But a bookstore with a cat is deliciousness personified. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love it if you'd drop me a line or two! I always enjoy receiving comments from readers and friends. I ask that you please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please don't write anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to read. Also, if you are commenting under anonymous, please do leave your name (or some sort of moniker so that you aren't totally nameless). Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...