Thursday, September 25, 2014

Introducing the Society of Literary Ladies


   Hello friends! Today I have the pleasure of announcing a new series I will be beginning here at A Lantern In Her Hand, distinguished by the rather simple but sufficiently self-explanatory moniker of: The Society of Literary Ladies.

  So, what will this entail? Well, I've been thinking of how this blog has changed, and 'blossomed', if you will, from a sort of online journal where Emma rambles about movies and books and history and stuff to a *I hope* more organized outlet where Emma still rambles about the things she loves....with significantly more tact and finesse. Or at least, the finesse part. I'm still working on the tact.
  Anyway, that's not really what we're talking about here; back to the subject at hand. What really inspired me to blog in the first place was reading the blogs of all you lovely ladies, and you continue to inspire me so much. Since most of the friends I've made through this incredible and slightly unconventional journey of blogging are, like myself, writers and bibliophiles, I've decided to organize a sort of club (for lack of a better word-- no wait, there IS a better word)-- a society. A circle of friends (including y'all and me) who love writing and reading and books in general. Every month I'm planning on hosting an interview with a fellow reader/writer, so we can share with each other our love of literature and also spread the word about other charming blogs that need to be read and appreciated. So, what say you, my friends?


 If you are a reader and a writer who's interested in being interviewed, please don't hesitate to let me know! Really, this will only be a success if y'all are interested. I have an idea of some literary ladies I'd like to feature, but like I said, I really would appreciate your feedback and willingness to participate. I think this will be very diverting, and a good way to spread the word about other people's blogs.

What happens when you're interviewed:  I'll send you the questions, you'll answer them cleverly, and the interview will be posted here on A Lantern In Her Hand. You can put the society badge (above) on your blog sidebar or wherever you please, your interview will be listed on the Society of Literary Ladies page (which as yet to be materialized-- be patient), and you'll get to see your name in print. Of course, if you're a blogger, you've already seen your name in print countless times, so it may not hold as much charm as it used to. But still. ;-P

Bluestocking: a woman having intellectual or literary interests.


P.S. First interview coming soon! :-)
 

13 comments:

  1. This sounds absolutely delightful!! I'm definitely looking forward to reading the interviews and getting "introduced" to fellow Literary Ladies, haha. :) And I should love to be interviewed, if you have an open spot--I'm not much of a writer anymore (and I doubt I'll get back to it), but if there's one thing I AM, it's a reader. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cool!! I love to read, though I'm not a writer, but if you ever need someone to interview, feel free to contact me!!!

    P.S. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I thought a Bluestocking was someone from England!!! (Yeah, I need to look up words I don't know :D )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea! It sounds like a great way for girls with similar interests to connect. (-:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh this sounds simply splendid Emma!!! I would love to become a member if that is possible :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you explained them what a bluestocking was... before you told me I had no idea whatsoever :-)

    Anyway, you know I'll love this series... and I'm looking forward to the first interview-ee. ;-P Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering what your neat sidebar button was going to be for... How absolutely splendid! A literary society sounds positively delightful!! Really...just lovely. :-)

    Anyhow, I'm (just a leeetle ;-)) busy through the end of October, but as a writer (and reader!) I'd love to do an interview sometime!

    Question: can we put the button up on our sidebars yet...or do we wait till after an interview, etc?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great idea, Emma! I'm not a published author (yet), but I do love to write and I LOVE to read, so if you need somebody to interview, I'd like to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this looks fun! I cannot wait; hopefully I can add new books to my never-ending to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a terrific idea Emma! It sounds as if it is going to be jolly good fun. :) And I would love to join!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear everyone, I'm so thrilled that so many of you are interested! It looks like this will be a smashing success. :-)

    Heidi: Actually you were one of the first people I was going to ask! Maybe you can be November's interview-- I already have Sept and Oct lined up. And yes, you can put the button on your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, why thank you, Emma! ;-) And November sounds great. My email address is ladyofanorien(at)gmail(dot)com. Feel free to contact me whenever you like-- and I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a delightful idea!!!
    I'm really looking forward to reading the interviews...
    And I would love to be a part of it

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a wonderful idea! If you ever have an open spot I would love to be interviewed. Except, I would probably need a couple weeks or so to answer the questions because I'm usually very busy and have a hard time getting things done. :/
    But if you're willing to be patient I'd love to join in! Can't wait to read the interviews! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love it if you'd drop me a line or two! I always enjoy receiving comments from readers and friends. I ask that you please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please don't write anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to read. Also, if you are commenting under anonymous, please do leave your name (or some sort of moniker so that you aren't totally nameless). Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...