Friday, June 13, 2014

Period Drama Actors Game ~ Answers!

Do I even need an excuse for using this? Good, 'cuz I don't have one. :-)

  The answers to last week's game! I hope y'all liked it. My sister said it was confusing....but oh well. Thank you for playing ladies! :-)

#1

Actor: David Bamber
Period drama 1: Pride and Prejudice (1995)
Character name: Mr. Collins
Period drama 2: Daniel Deronda (2002)
Character name: Mr. Lush
#2


Actor: Alan Cumming
Period drama 1: Emma (1996)
Character name: Mr. Elton
Period drama 2: Nicholas Nickleby (2002)
Character name: Mr. Folair
#3


Actor: Emily Blunt
Period drama 1: Agatha Christie's Poirot: Death on the Nile
Character name: Linnet Doyle
Period drama 2: The Young Victoria (2008)
Character name: Queen Victoria
#4


Actor: Anne Hathaway
Period drama 1: Alice in Wonderland (2008)
Character name: White Queen
Period drama 2: Becoming Jane (2007)
Character name: Jane Austen
#5


Actor: Tom Courtenay
Period drama 1: Nicholas Nickleby (2002)
Character name: Newman Noggs
Period drama 2: Little Dorrit (2008)
Character name: William Dorrit
#6

Actor: Romola Garai
Period drama 1: Angel (2009)
Character name: Angel Deverell
Period drama 2: Nicholas Nickleby (2002)
Character name: Kate Nickleby
#7

Actor: Johdi May
Period drama 1: Daniel Deronda (2002)
Character name: Mirah Lapidoth
Period drama 2: Emma (2009)
Character name: Anne Taylor Weston
#8

Actor: Tom Wilkinson
Period drama 1: Martin Chuzzlewit (1994)
Character name: Seth Pecksniff
Period drama 2: The Patriot (2000)
Character name: General Charles Cornwallis
#9

Actor: Timothy Spall
Period drama 1: Nicholas Nickleby (2002)
Character name: Charles Cherryble
Period drama 2: A Series of Unfortunate Events (2004)
Character name: Mr. Poe
(This last one is a bit of a stretch, since it's not really a period drama. Although I suppose it could be considered one, since there's absolutely no way of determining what era it takes place in.)

#10

Actor: Justine Waddell
Period drama 1: Great Expectations (1998)
Character name: Estella Havisham
Period drama 2: Wives and Daughters (1999)
Character name: Molly Gibson

#11

Actor: Kate Winslet
Period drama 1: Sense and Sensibility (1995)
Character name: Marianne Dashwood
Period drama 2: Finding Neverland (2004)
Character name: Sylvia Llewelyn-Davies


#12
 

Actor: Elizabeth Spriggs
Period drama 1: Martin Chuzzlewit (1994)
Character name: Mrs. Gamp
Period drama 2: Sense and Sensibility (1995)
Character name: Mrs. Jennings


#13

Actor: Iain Glen
Period drama 1: Wives and Daughters (1999)
Character name: Mr. Preston
Period drama 2: Downton Abbey, season 2
Character name: Sir Richard Carlisle


#14
I'm always saving him for last, aren't I?
Actor: Paul McGann
Period drama 1: Horatio Hornblower
Character name: 2nd Lt. William Bush
Period drama 2: Our Mutual Friend (1998)
Character name: Eugene Wrayburn


Bonus Question: Five of these actors are all in one period drama together. What is the movie and who are the five actors?

(Chances are you've figured this out already by looking at the answers.) ;-P

Period drama: (1 point)
Nicholas Nickleby (2002)

Actors: (1 point)
Alan Cumming (Mr. Folair)
Anne Hathaway (Madeline Bray)
Tom Courtenay (Newman Noggs)
Romola Garai (Kate Nickleby)
Timothy Spall (Charles Cherryble)


~*~*~*~*~

Players' Scores
Sadie ~ 67 points
Miss Dashwood ~ 51 points
Naomi ~ 43 points
Birdie ~ 40 points
Hamlette ~ 18 points


Well done everyone!





9 comments:

  1. Oooh, I've never been on the top before! Thanks for the game, Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You changed your background! I love it!!!
    I love change, don't you? I fear I shall change my sidebar and header and background so much in the future- it's just so tempting. I told you I like doing that with my room too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh and you've got the Laura Ingalls Wilder quote on the sidebar! I've got that one too. (You probably got it from me, haha. I'm glad you did.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naomi,
    Yes, I'm found this new background and decided to use it for summer...I've made a new header, but I'm not going to put it up quite yet. I put the background on because I didn't want to have to find it again. ;-P I'm glad you like it! I love changing the scenery on my blog. :-)
    And yes, I stole that quote from you. I was going to ask you, but I figured you wouldn't mind. And you don't, hehe. :-) I really love it.

    ~Em

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I want to see your new header!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely new background and header! :) That game looked fun, shame I was in exams :( ah well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay it's comment time once again, because... you've got a NEWWWW deliciously beautiful header and I have to swoooooon and you have to listen.

    I LURVE IT. Seriously it. is. awesome.

    You are also SO good at this Emma!!! Are the pictures from a movie, or are they just randomly nice ones you found? Same about the pictures on the sidebar.... I LOVE THEM. Tell me is it from a Period Drama? And I love your new profile picture too. :)

    And you stole my idea (yipeeeee) and put all the blog buttons on another page. :)

    I love it dearest!

    WELL
    DONE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this a lot of fun seeing where some actors act in different places. I have spied Daniel Deronda film often - is it good?
    I enjoyed this post!! :D

    By the by, last Thursday, my blog, Fullness of Joy had its 3rd birthday :). To celebrate the event, I am hosting a blog-party of "special magnificence" throughout the week, and as a cherry-top icing a fun giveaway for three winners to end it all. It will be a week long tag series, with every day or so I'll be making different literary-themed topic tags, about different genres such as the classics, fantasy, mystery, children's, etc . . which everyone can join in with. And I am dearly hoping you would - it would thrill me very much and also it should prove some fun, I think :)

    Today's topic is "Historical Classics" :)

    http://joy-live4jesus.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/through-looking-glass-blog-birthday.html?m=1

    I hope you can join!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love it if you'd drop me a line or two! I always enjoy receiving comments from readers and friends. I ask that you please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please don't write anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to read. Also, if you are commenting under anonymous, please do leave your name (or some sort of moniker so that you aren't totally nameless). Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...