Saturday, March 1, 2014

Period Drama Fashion Week~ The Details!


                                  "Is there anything more thrilling than a new frock?"
                                                       ~Lady Sybil, Downton Abbey

   I am really excited about hosting this event! I hope it will turn out to be perfectly splendiferous! But remember, this is my first time hosting a blog event of any kind, so I'm not 100 percent sure what I'm getting myself into. So if I say something that doesn't really make sense, just chalk it up to inexperience. Thank you. :-P

   Oh yeah, and I probably should warn you now that this week might have a bit of a Downton Abbey theme. :-)

  Alrighty, so on with the details. I've made participating in this party is pretty simple, so if you want to join in the fun, all you have to do is...
  • Choose one of the buttons (you can find them here) and post it on your blog (I realize it's a little late for that now, since the party starts in two days, but nevermind my poor planning. Do it anyway. :-P)
  • Comment on this post to let me know you're participating
  • Fill out the tag (coming March 3rd) and post it on your blog sometime during the week
  • Write your own post(s) about period drama/historical fashion (this is optional-- even if you don't want to write anything you can still participate by just doing the tag)
  • Label your posts with "Period Drama Fashion Week" so that you'll be able to provide just one link at the end of the week when we have our link-up of all the posts written by different participants
   You can write about basically anything so long as it's related to period drama/historical fashion. A list of your favorite period drama dresses, the costumes in your favorite period drama, or even a period drama fashion trivia quiz are all good ideas. I'm making this easy, people. The rules are few and the possibilities are many! :-)


And one more thing....have fun! This is supposed to be a fun event. I think it's going to be terrific, and I really hope many of you participate!

    See you there! :-)



11 comments:

  1. Oooh, ooh, I'm participating! I was a little late getting the button up, but I'm here now. Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SQUEEEAAAAAL!
    I'm being unladylike, I know, so I'll stop squealing.
    This is cool, Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen Downton Abbey (so I hope that's not a drawback), but I'm definitely hoping to participate! I'm pretty busy at the moment, so I might just be able to do the tag, if it works out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I've had the button up since I heard about this, and I would LOVE to participate. I hope I can do a post, not only of the questions, but maybe my favorite costumes? We will see.

    Good idea, Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Dashwood,
    Yay! So glad you're participating! :-)

    Naomi,
    Calm down, dear. :-P Kidding! You can squeal if you want to. It's perfectly alright with me. :-)

    Heidi,
    That's not a drawback at all! It's just that the costumes in Downton Abbey are my favorites, so that's why I keep mentioning them and posting pictures of them. :-) I do highly recommend watching Downton Abbey! I'm so glad you want to participate!

    Maddie Rose,
    I'm looking forward to reading your posts! I'm so glad you're participating! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I will be participating as much as I'm able. I posted about your week here: http://old-fashionedcharm.blogspot.com/2014/03/check-out-period-drama-fashion-week.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just heard of the event, and I am definitely participating.
    I mean period dramas AND historical fashion...could it get any better?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to participate, I am a new reader to this blog and I love historical fashion :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't care for Downton Abbey but looooveeee period fashion and this sort of event, so I am definitely going to try to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miss Laurie,
    Goody! And thank you so much for posting about this event! :-)

    Rose P,
    Yay! Glad to have you join!

    Laura,
    Welcome! I'm so glad you're participating! And thanks so much for posting about this event. I just looked at your blog, and I think it's very charming. And you love Gone With the Wind!!! :-)

    Livia Rachelle,
    What?!? You don't like Downton Abbey?!? Well, that's alright, I won't hold it against you. We all have different opinions. :-P Glad to have you participating! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a little late getting in too, but I hope I'll be able to participate, the button is up on my blog, and I'll be following everyone's posts with interest!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love it if you'd drop me a line or two! I always enjoy receiving comments from readers and friends. I ask that you please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please don't write anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to read. Also, if you are commenting under anonymous, please do leave your name (or some sort of moniker so that you aren't totally nameless). Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...