Thursday, January 9, 2014

Happy Birthday to my Dear Sister Sadie!

 Today is my sister Sadie's 13th birthday! :-)


    Sadie is my best friend, confidant, sidekick, fellow mischeif-maker, associate and partner in crime. She is a sweet and caring sister (well, most of the time : P), she loves to laugh and we have so much fun together!

Sadie on her 7th birthday


    Sadie loves playing the violin, baking, reading books, watching movies, English country dancing, laughing, and lots of other things. :-) She is an amazing musician, an amateur figure skater and occaionally dabbles in dermotologoy. : P

Sadie on her 11th birthday

Sadie and I picking blueberries in.....2005, maybe? : )
   We're only two years apart in age and as close as two sisters can be. We share a lot of the same fandoms and loves (such as Horatio Hornblower and Dr. Quinn and Linda Byler books), and Sadie has remarkable taste in music and literature. (By remarkable I mean remarkably similar to my own....kidding! :-) Although we occasionally disagree on things and get on each other's nerves, most of the time we get along marvellously and she is the best sister anyone could ever hope to have. I love you, Sadie! Happy birthday!                                                                                               






6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sadie! Loved all the pictures Emma! Oh and an email coming soon! Seriously! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! Happy birthday, Sadie!

    My own little Sadie will turn 4 next month, and maybe one day she'll have a blog and write something like this about her little sister, who's not quite 2 years younger. I never had a sister, and I find their relationship so fascinating already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sister is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to ask you- since you seem to like Julie Klassens' books- which one of her books you would recommend most highly. I just wondered, because I think I'd like to try one of her books. Which one do you think is the best?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naomi,
    I adore Julie Klassen's books! My two favorites are The Tutor's Daughter and The Maid of Fairbourne Hall, and The Girl in the Gatehouse is very good as well. It really doesn't matter which you read first, but I think I would recommend The Tutor's Daughter-- that's my personal favorite. : ) I think you'll really enjoy them!

    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Emma Jane!
    The Tutor's daughter was the one which I thought looked the nicest- and I'm so glad that that's your favourite. I think I'll order it for my birthday coming up soon! I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love it if you'd drop me a line or two! I always enjoy receiving comments from readers and friends. I ask that you please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please don't write anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to read. Also, if you are commenting under anonymous, please do leave your name (or some sort of moniker so that you aren't totally nameless). Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...