Thursday, January 23, 2014

30 Songs: 11-15


Day 11: A Song From Your Favorite Band

   I'm really not that into 'bands' anymore, although I used to like several Christian bands in my younger days. I used to be a huge fan of the band BarlowGirl when I was around eleven, but then I kind of grew out of that and lost interest in most contemporary Christian music (although there are still a few Christian artists I still really like.) Now I don't really listen to any bands. However, I suppose Mark Knopfler can count as a band, so here is his beautiful song A Night In Summer Long Ago.



Day 12: A Song From a Band You Hate

    It's hard to name a specific song or band that I hate, mostly because I just don't listen to many bands and I'm not really into that sort of music. Soooo......I don't think I'm going to answer this one. Sorry! :-P


Day 13: A Song That Is a Guilty Pleasure

  I don't really have any musical guilty pleasures.... But there is one, come to think of it, that could apply: The Point of No Return from The Phantom of the Opera. It has a few lines in it that are.....borderline inappropriate, shall we say, but minus that I think the music is beautiful and I love it. :-P



Day 14: A Song That No One Would Expect You to Love

   I grew up listening to a lot of my Daddy's favorite artists, and a lot of them have become some of my favorites as well. One of my favorite singers is Van Morrison, who isn't really someone you might expect a fourteen-year-old girl like me to listen to! Here's one of my favorite songs, called Steal My Heart Away.



Day 15: A Song That Describes You

    One song that describes me? Hmmmm. How about this:


    The title describes me, at least. :-P


1 comment:

  1. Emma Jane,
    I agree with your feelings concerning "Past the Point of No Return"... Excepting those unfortunate lines,it is one of my three favorite songs from "The Phantom". Oh, and the Beatrix Potter quote on the side of your blog is great. :) Have a lovely evening!

    Eowyn

    ReplyDelete

I'd love it if you'd drop me a line or two! I always enjoy receiving comments from readers and friends. I ask that you please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please don't write anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to read. Also, if you are commenting under anonymous, please do leave your name (or some sort of moniker so that you aren't totally nameless). Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...