Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas!

   It's Christmas Eve!


     It's a winter wonderland outside! I was afraid we wouldn't have snow for Christmas because last week it was warm and it all melted away, but last night it began to snow again and this morning when I awoke everything was white! It was very fitting, especially considering how we just finished watching "White Christmas" last night. It looks as though we'll have a white Christmas after all! :-)
   


   Today has been a day for baking, gift-wrapping, cleaning, and a host of other things. : P Last evening Sadie baked gingerbread cookies and today Molly is planning on making apple bread. Tonight we're spending Christmas Eve quietly at home and then later we're going to a Christmas Eve service. I've been flitting around the house all day, singing songs and tidying here and there and doing last-minute decorating. Good thing I've got all my presents wrapped and ready for tomorrow! I'm so excited! :-)

                                                                           ~~~~

    For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.  ~ Luke 2:11



     I hope you all have a blessed Christmas with friends and family celebrating our Savior's birth!

    Here is a clip from one of my favorite movies of all time, Meet Me In St. Louis, of Judy Garland singing Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. This is one of my very favorite Christmas songs and this scene in the movie always brings tears to my eyes!

     

      Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. That scene of MMISL makes me cry too! In fact, I can't hear that song anymore without starting to get a little choked up.

    I hope you had a lovely Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hamlette,
    Yes, that song (and scene) always makes me teary-eyed! Actually, the entire movie just chokes me up. I love it so much! :-)
    I did have a lovely Christmas, thank you! I hope yours was wonderful too!

    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete

I'd love it if you'd drop me a line or two! I always enjoy receiving comments from readers and friends. I ask that you please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please don't write anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to read. Also, if you are commenting under anonymous, please do leave your name (or some sort of moniker so that you aren't totally nameless). Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...