Friday, November 8, 2013

Actors When They Were Young Game


Five bonus points: What is this Shakespearean play and who is the lovely young lady?

  I always like to see pictures of my favorite actors and actresses when they were young, so I thought this would be a fun game for this week! Actually the inspiration for this game came from an old game of Miss Laurie's, and it looked like such fun that I've decided to try my own.
   Below are twelve pictures of actors and actresses when they were young-- some of them don't look much different from how they do today, but some of them are very young so those ones are a bit trickier. Try to guess who the actors are in the pictures and at least one period drama role they have done. Five points will be awarded for each correctly guessed actor (or actress), and two more points for naming at least one period drama role. (You can name more than one if you want, but you won't get extra points for that.) Leave your guesses in a comment and I will respond with your score. Guess as many times as you like, and I will post the answers next Friday! Have fun! : )

           
                                                  #1

                                                   #2

                                                                           #3

#4

#5

#6

                                                    #7

#8

#9


#10

#11


#12

Happy guessing! : )


7 comments:

  1. Judi Dench and Laurence Olivier. 1~ Hugh Grant. Mr. Anson in The Englishman who Went up a Hill and Came down a Mountain.
    2~ Anthony Hopkins. Henry Wilcox in Howard's End.
    3~ Jane Seymour. Chorus girl in Oh! What a Lovely War.
    4~ Rufus Sewell. Thomas Clarkson in Amazing Grace.
    5~ Viggo Mortenson. Frank Hopkins in Hidalgo.
    6~ Emma Thompson. Miss Kenton in Remains of the Day.
    7~ Hugh Bonniville. Lord Grantham in Downton Abbey.
    8~ Judi Dench. Ursula in Ladies in Lavender.
    9~ Mel Gibson. Benjamin Martin in The Patriot.
    10~ David Suchet? Hercule Poirot in Agatha Christie's Poirot.
    11~ Robert Bathurst. Mr. Eccleston in Hornblower: The Even Chance.
    12~ Paul Mcgann. William Bush in Hornblower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, such fun! Thanks for mentioning my game as your inspiration! I'm glad you've been posting games because I enjoy playing them (or trying to, sometimes I don't comment).

    Here are my guesses:

    Bonus Question - Is it Hamlette and Judi Dench as Ophelia?

    #1. Aww! Hugh Grant, Sense & Sensibility 1995
    #2. Anthony Hopkins, Remains Of The Day and Shadowlands
    #3. Jane Seymour, The Scarlet Pimpernel or Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman
    #4. Rufus Sewell in Middlemarch!
    #5. Viggo Mortenson? Lord Of The Rings, does that count?
    #6. Emma Thompson, Sense & Sensibility 1995 or Much Ado About Nothing
    #7. Hugh Bonneville, Mansfield Park 1999 or Miss Austen Regrets
    #8. Judi Dench (her hat is so cute!), Cranford or Pride & Prejudice 2005 among so many others!
    #9. he looks so familiar but can't remember his name! Was he in Age Of Innocence?
    #10. David Suchet with hair!!! Poirot TV series, Victoria & Albert, The Way We Live Now.
    #11. Robert Barthurst (spelling?), Emma 2009
    #12. Is it Paul McGann? Our Mutual Friend 1998 (but it sorta looks like Christopher Eccleston who was Doctor Who. it's those eyes I recognize!)

    Thank you! That was really fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadie,
    All of your guesses were correct, so your score is 89 points!

    Miss Laurie,
    All of your guesses were correct! Your score is 80 points. Thank you so much for playing! I'm very glad you enjoy my games. I must admit I do get a lot of inspiration from your games, I hope you don't mind! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Here are my guesses:

    #2 is Anthony Hopkins

    #3 is Jane Seymour?

    #4 is Rufus Sewell

    #5 is Viggo Mortensen

    #6 is Emma Thompson

    #8 is Judi Dench?

    #9 is Mel Gibson

    Fun, fun, fun game! I can't wait to see who some of the others are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aha! I just now noticed that I'm supposed to also say a period drama my guesses were in. Okay, I will try to provide some that haven't already been said so I'm not "cheating."

    #2 is Anthony Hopkins. He was in the 1969 version of Hamlet.

    #3 is Jane Seymour? She was in Somewhere in Time.

    #4 is Rufus Sewell. He was in A Knight's Tale.

    #5 is Viggo Mortensen. He was in Appaloosa.

    #6 is Emma Thompson. She was in Branagh's Henry V.

    #8 is Judi Dench? She was in the recent Jane Eyre.

    #9 is Mel Gibson. He was in Braveheart.

    There! Whew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hamlette,
    It wasn't actually a requirement to name a period drama for each actor, but it was worth two extra points each. That's okay you didn't do it the first time!
    Oh, that's right! I forgot that Viggo Mortensen was in Appaloosa! Have you seen it? Is it any good? I absolutely loved him in Hidalgo and I would love to see him in a western! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, I haven't seen "Appaloosa" yet, but I really want to. Ed Harris in a western? Sign me up! But I've seen all the others that I listed :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love it if you'd drop me a line or two! I always enjoy receiving comments from readers and friends. I ask that you please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please don't write anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to read. Also, if you are commenting under anonymous, please do leave your name (or some sort of moniker so that you aren't totally nameless). Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...