Thursday, September 26, 2013

My Favorite Hello, Dolly! Quotes

Here are just a few of my favourite quotes from this hilariously entertaining musical. : )


Dolly Levi: Hello! Hello there, how are you? Oh hello!
Horace Vandergilder: You know too many people.
Dolly: Total strangers.
Horace: Then why do you greet them?
Dolly: It makes me feel good to have so many friends.
Horace: Oh, say hello for me too then.
Dolly: I already did.


Horace Vandergilder: Eighty-percent of the people in the world are fools and the rest of us are in danger of contamination.


Dolly: And on those cold winter nights, Horace, you can snuggle up to your cash register. It's a little lumpy, but it rings!

Horace: You are a seven-foot-tall nincompoop!
Ambrose Kemper: That's an insult!
Horace: All the facts about you are insults!




Dolly: Goodness gracious, the whole room is crawling with men. Irene, darling, congratulations.




Gussie Granger as Ernestina Simple: What do you mean, "oysters aren't in season"? Anyone can have oysters "in season", I want them out of season!
Horace: They don't have any, Miss Simple.
Gussie Granger: Then tell them to go out and dig for some!


Cornelius Hackl: Well, you see, we're two ladies about town and we're looking for a hat to Malloy and...
Barnaby Tucker: We're hats, you see, and we're looking for a lady to Malloy with for the after...
Cornelius: We want a hat.



Cornelius: Smile, Barnaby.
Barnaby: I'm smiling.
Cornelius: Look rich, gay, and charming.
Barnaby: I'm looking gay and charming.


Horace: Any man who goes to a big city deserves what happens to him.


Ticket seller Mr. Sullivan: Where to, Dolly?
Dolly: Yonkers, New York, to handle a highly personal matter for Mr. Horace Vandergilder, the well-known, unmarried, half-a-millionaire.
Mr. Sullivan: Gonna marry him yourself, Dolly?
Dolly: Why, Mr. Sullivan, whatever put such a prepostrous idea into my head-- er, your head.



Cornelius: There is no Mrs. Hackl.
Barnaby: Yes there is, your mother!
Cornelius: She didn't mean that.




2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I love Hello, Doly! It seems like not that many people have seen it, so it's always fun to "meet" another fan.

    I really enjoyed reading all these quotes. Now I want to watch the movie again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Serena!
    Yes, Hello Dolly! seems to be one of the less popular musicals these days, but I absolutely love it! I'm glad you enjoyed these! : )

    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete

I'd love it if you'd drop me a line or two! I always enjoy receiving comments from readers and friends. I ask that you please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please don't write anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to read. Also, if you are commenting under anonymous, please do leave your name (or some sort of moniker so that you aren't totally nameless). Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...