Friday, July 26, 2013

Period Drama Quotes Quiz Answers!

Here are the answers to last weeks' game! Thank you so much to everyone who played! : )


                                                            #1  Miss Potter

  Beatrix Potter: Looking back, the city and I never much like each other. After all, an unmarried woman was expected to behave in very particular ways, which did not include traipsing around from publisher to publisher with a gaggle of friends.



                                          #2  Bright Star

 Toots: Mama, Fanny wants a knife.
 Mrs. Brawne: Whatever for?
 Toots: To kill herself.



                                    #3 Our Mutual Friend

  Noddy Boffin: Quack! goes the duck, meow! goes the cat, bow, wow, wow! goes the dog!


                                         #4 East of Eden

  Mrs. Trask: I named him Adam, like in the Bible. Page one, if you've a mind to take it up.




                                      #5 True Grit (2010)

Mr. Barlow: Tell us, Mr. Mr. Cogburn, in your four years as U.S. Marshall, how many men have you shot?
Rooster Cogburn: Shot or killed?
Mr. Barlow: Let us restrict it to killed so that we may have a more manageable figure!


                                              #6 Angel

Angel Deverell: Everyone always told me my dreams were lies, because I said out loud wht I should have kept secret. But all I ever wanted was to make it true: to wish and to wish and to wish, and to make it true.
(I don't recommend this move either, but for some reason I've always loved this line!) : )


Dear Mr. Pinch!!!


                                   #7 Martin Chuzzlewit

Augustus Moddle: Do you care what happens to you?
Mr. Pinch: Well, yes, I must admit I do.
Augustus Moddle: I don't. The elements may have me when they please!



  #8 Sense and Sensibility (1995)

Mrs. Palmer: Mr. Palmer, if only Mr. Willoughby had gone home to Combe Magna, we could have taken Miss Marianne to see him, for we live but half a mile away.
Mr. Palmer: Five and a half.
Mrs. Palmer: No, I cannot believe it is that far, for you can see the place from the top of our hill. Is it really five and a half? No, I cannot believe it.
Mr. Palmer: Try.


                                         #9 Little Dorrit

Jeremiah Flintwinch: And are you afraid of me?
Amy Dorrit: No, sir.
Flintwinch: Well, you ought to be. 'Cause I'm a terror when I'm roused.


Yes, I know this picture is not from that scene, but it was one of the only ones I could find of them together.

             #10 Horatio Hornblower: The Duchess and the Devil

Horatio Hornblower: England, sir?
Captain Pellew: Yes, England, boy! A big, damp, foggy island nor-noreast of Ushant. Think yo ucan find it?
Horatio: Yes, sir.


                                      #11 Jane Eyre (2011)

Jane Eyre: Am I a machine without feelings? Do you think that because I am poor, obscure, plain and little that I am soulless and heartless? I have as much soul as you and full as much heart. And if God had posessed me with with beauty and wealth, I could make it as hard for you to leave me as I to leave you!



                              #12 Great Expectations (1998)

Pip: It seems that these past few years I have been harbouring an illusion. More than one, in fact...And you humoured them. You led me on.
Miss Havisham: Yes, I let you go on.
Pip: Was that kind?
Miss Havisham: Who am I, for God's sake, that I should be kind?

                                                           Players' Scores

                                                            Sadie Ann - 140 points
                                                         Miss Dashwood- 60 points
                                                             Hamlette - 20 points
                                                              Isabella - 10 points


What other sorts of games would you enjoy?

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes I enjoyed it immensely! ;) Though I didn't know more then half of those, nor have I watched them, I am so behind for being in a family who LOVES period dramas, so I guess I will have to scheduled a night for each one, m'dear you have inspired me to watch those! Hopefully I will come back to this blog with more knowledge! :P

    -Belle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed the game, Bella! : ) And I do highly recommen watching most of these movies...just make sure you don't schedule a night for East of Eden. ; P

    ~Emma Jane

    ReplyDelete

I'd love it if you'd drop me a line or two! I always enjoy receiving comments from readers and friends. I ask that you please keep your comments clean and God-honoring, and please don't write anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to read. Also, if you are commenting under anonymous, please do leave your name (or some sort of moniker so that you aren't totally nameless). Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...